Chance to help "High Risk" kids with our hobby

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if this is allowed, if not - moderators, please let me know. I am not doing this for any gain for myself.

My family and I were on vacation last week in Gatlinburg, TN. It's near the Smokey Mtns National Park. A big tourist area in the SouthEast, for those that don't know.

My wifes Niece and her husband, live on and work at a Christian based "Ranch" nearby, in Sevierville, TN. The Ranch takes in children that are orphaned, abused, unwanted, from drug and alcohol addicted parents, etc., and raises them. Some kids go back to their families if the family gets its act together. Some children live there till they are 18. They also run many summer camps, and even events for local schools. The Ranch relies completely on donations and gifts.

While in the area, we visited with the Niece and her family, and I took the nephew and their daughter metal detecting. He really liked it, and thought it would be a great experience/activity for the kids at the Ranch. He is the activities director for the Ranch.

I suggested to him, that perhaps people in TNet would be interested in helping, out by donating old detectors, and taking the tax break?

So, that is my question, is anyone interested in this? If so, I can get you the contact information, or there is a spot on their website for making a donation, don't know if that will work for donating a detector.

Here is a link to their website:

Wears Valley Ranch | A Christian Home and School for children from crisis family situations

Bryan

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great cause ! Matter of fact the other day I was thinking on the same thing thinking hey this would b a great thing for kids but with economy the way it is I know its hard for people just to drop money for a non essential ítem I defindetly would like to do something even if not a detector mayb equipment or something ill talk it over with the wife & c What we can so aswell :)

OP
OP
BryanM362

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great cause ! Matter of fact the other day I was thinking on the same thing thinking hey this would b a great thing for kids but with economy the way it is I know its hard for people just to drop money for a non essential ítem I defindetly would like to do something even if not a detector mayb equipment or something ill talk it over with the wife & c What we can so aswell :)

Thanks!

I figure with some of the outdated detectors some may have sitting around, it would be worth more as a tax write off, but still good enough for kids to use.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly I will get something goin & let ya know asap

OP
OP
BryanM362

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bump

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions