cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Do you have to get a permit in your town? I see you posted that you have one. The only changes that I would make is to use a towel or plastic sheet to place the dirt on and a smaller digger so the homeowners don't freak out! :laughing7:

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The permit is not required, but comes in very handy, as you will see in my next movie.

I've used an old car mat or a towel to put loose dirt on periodically, but I already carry so much gear I don't always bring it along except on really manicured sites.

With our loose, sandy soil, usually within a few hours that loose "dirt ring" around a plug has dried and sifted back down into the grass. Especially after dew or rain has fallen.

Most of the time my plugs are all but invisible within an hour or so of my digging them, but yeah, maybe I should go back to carrying a bandanna or towel for loose dirt.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the big Ziploc freezer bag. It "funnels" easier and slides into my back pocket better than cloth. It has the added advantage that when you dig a spot with hard, compacted soil, sometimes you just can't get all the dirt back into the hole. I then open the Ziploc and put the excess inside for later, more discrete disposal.

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea. Thanks.

Of course with a big Ziploc freezer bag in my back pocket, and me stumbling around in 99-degree heat with 99% humidity, it'll make my butt sweat. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread