Im only 1 month in and already want to upgrade.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm only 1 month in and already want to upgrade.

A month ago I started detecting with my bosses old bounty hunter. A day later I bought a Fisher F2. Don't get me wrong I love my F2 but I've also very quickly fallen in love with this hobby and really want to upgrade to an AT Pro already but my wife would kill me!

I have toys I could sell to pay for it but I want those too!

Anyone else go through this? Is this just an endless cycle where I upgrade then a month later I'll be dying to get a $1500 metal detector?

Upvote 0

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone else go through this? Is this just an endless cycle where I upgrade then a month later I'll be dying to get a $1500 metal detector?

The ATP is super solid unit and a great detector. You get one and there really won't be a need to upgrade. I've had/have the E-trac, Vx3, MXT Pro, Vaquero, Outlaw and several others and I like the ATP best of all.

Sounds like you've really want the most out of the hobby and learned the limitations of the entry level machines. Get the ATP it will be the last machine you need for a long time!

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just go buy it and you might as well get a pointer too... you won's sleep untill then LOL.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had an Ace 350(first detector) It lasted 1 month, A quick Jan. thaw, about 20 hours of use. I knew I wanted more, before Spring got here. Got my AT Pro in March, and have put over 200 hours in the field, with some great finds, for my first year. Other than maybe a back up machine, I see no need to up grade again!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U got bit already by the detector bug beleive me this hobby like u said gets very expensive quick I mean u can c that if u look what im using good luck

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could buy a pretty decent used vehicle for what I've spent on my detecting hobby and upgrading machines and buying new coils...........

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could buy a pretty decent used vehicle for what I've spent on my detecting hobby and upgrading machines and buying new coils...........

Absolutley Agreed

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What fella said!.....I still chuckle at you fella....in a good way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread