Whites coinmaster pro vs garret 250

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I have the garret 150 and am looking to upgrade. I have read many reviews on both machines and it seems to be a 50/50 split.
Any input? I'm in western mass. And often hunt lawns, fresh water beaches, parks, and occasionally the dry sand at ocean beaches.
All comments welcome.
Wicka
PS: 300$ is my limitation for spendig

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id go with the ace 250 but also remember u mayb able to get an.even higher end detector if u went used

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything but the ace trust me

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Im so confused! Some people praise the ace, and some people absolutely believe it's trash!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly I havent used either me id get a higher grade n go used now ive heard both were decent I know for a fact this is gonna b a lost cause its gonna b a 50 50 on WHO likes what now I said ace cause garret's customer service is just unbeleivable

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have quite a bit of experience with both & I'm not a fan of either the Ace 250 or the Coinmaster Pro.

I hear better things about the Fisher F2 over either of these but I haven't used one. I'd suggest a Tesoro product. The Silver uMax is a rock solid performer. It'll run circles around anything in it's price range.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At 300 bucks, I'd go with a fisher f2 with a DD coil, or maybe a used f4. Fisher makes an excellent detector that is simple to use, and is what I started with. Its all preference though. Its just my opinion, what I'd do. That said, I now use an AT Pro, because my F2 had mechanical problems, but I think it was a rare occurrence as I have seen people selling ones that are 5 years old. Good luck and Happy Hunting!

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im so confused! Some people praise the ace, and some people absolutely believe it's trash!

People either love or hate the ACE's.
Since you already have a 150, I wouldn't get the 250 as its not much of an "upgrade"
You don't get any real depth difference between the two, so basically you would be adding the pinpoint feature that's about it.

I use Garrets mostly, but my self am heading to Tesoro for my next machine.
Lets face it after 5-6" inches with just about any machine, its all by sound anyway as most tid's lose their accuracy the deeper the target.

Whatever you decide, I would strongly advise you get something other then another ace, like a said a 150 to a 250 you wont see much difference, if any at all.

Good luck, I know getting a new machine can be tough, no matter how much your spending!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ull do Fine with it

rlf2174

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2012
Southern, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Wicka,

I use coinmaster pro. It's good as a coin shooter & not much else below 4", unless in dry beach sand, then it's good to 8 or better. The coil has issues with depth reading in pinpoint or all metal mode.
In heavy clay soil, readings on LCD are rarely what's indicated. ie: clad pennies are almost always bottle cap on indicator.
It's good point is that it does not give a lot of false signal, even in high electrical areas.
Good luck in whatever you decide.

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Heading out to a metal detector store to get the ace 350. Super excited!
(Girlfriends not though. XD)

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything but the ace trust me

I'mwith dholland. Please buy headphones if your already at store buying an ace xxx as to not annoy the rest of us! Give a Cibola a try. Only $60 more.

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I'mwith dholland. Please buy headphones if your already at store buying an ace xxx as to not annoy the rest of us! Give a Cibola a try. Only $60 more.

I got headphones for free with them. Cheap set but will do!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headphones will benefit u to hear those low ghost whisper sounds as of annoyin people WHO cares as Long as ur happy all detectors have there own sounds some are ok some r ok lol hh & good luck with ur new machine

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F2 DD or the F2 2 coil package, and a good pinpointer if you don't have one. Tesoro and Teknetics also make some nice MDs.

Things tend to get a little more serious when you get a MD that has GROUND BALANCE. There is nothing wrong with the 250 or 350, but honestly it won't be much of an upgrade from what you are swinging now.

There is a big gap in the Garrett line up right now- the Ace 350 is $300 then after that is the AT Pro (which does have ground balancing) for about $600.

There's quite a few out there in that gap that you can balance. F4 and the Gamma come to mind?!?!?!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Ace 250 & I love it,the only thing I want is a sniper coil+ cover for it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Ace 250 & I love it,the only thing I want is a sniper coil+ cover for it.

Good for u & thats all that should really matter

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have the coinmaster pro and the AT pro the AT is alot better detector but i have found a lot of silver with the coinmaster

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well those 2 arent really on the same level to compare really

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions