Not something you want to find.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many things I hope to find on old home sites but this isnt one of them. This thing was right next to my head as I was walking the perimeter of the building and was big enough to stretch across a soda can plus some. Im not scared of spiders but this wolf spider was like eyeball to eyeballs and didnt back away from me. I did the only thing a loving, caring husband/father would do--i captured it in my junk/trash bag and took it home for my wife and daughters-muhahaha

I also managed to find a few clad and a silver quarter so to me it was a win all the way around.

Attachments

• WP_20130522_004.jpg
    WP_20130522_004.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had one that big when I was a kid,scared ma/sis with it but good and let it go outside....

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now i consider myself an avid outdoorsmen. I can handle snakes, rats, etc. Spiders are the 8 legged spawn of satan. I've been known to offer a soprano shrill at a surprise visit by one. I respect anyone who can tolerate those thing. I'm a confident man and have no issue fainting if one that size was crawling on me. Ugh......

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now i consider myself an avid outdoorsmen. I can handle snakes, rats, etc. Spiders are the 8 legged spawn of satan. I've been known to offer a soprano shrill at a surprise visit by one. I respect anyone who can tolerate those thing. I'm a confident man and have no issue fainting if one that size was crawling on me. Ugh......

LOL ! Too funny.......:laughing7:

mxdigger

Jun 30, 2013
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC 2B, Minelab Musketeer Xs pro, AT Pro, Garrett pro pointer, Xp Deus with pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

I'm the same way.....I don't know what it is about spiders but I think I would rather have a 10 foot alligator grab me by the leg than have a spider crawl on me.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I swear, those Wolf spiders make you take a second to calculate whether you're heavy enough to step on it without just pissing it off. AND if you miss and it disappears behind your couch! Yep, getting a hotel room. LoL

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Had one about that size on the wall in my shed. Shot it with a .22. I was out of 20ft bee spray. No way I was getting close to that sucker!

I Dig Jesus

Feb 10, 2013
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster DB / Classic ID / M6 Matrix / & now The Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got Tarantula that's bigger than that, and Shelob wouldn't hurt a fly, .........crickets, well now, that would be a whole other story. I actually found a wolf spider about a size bigger than that, it was in my basement when we moved in.................like any self respecting husband, I captured it, and ran off like a giddy little school girl to give my poor wife nightmares for months.......buhahahahhah!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread