First gold makes me sad

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out metal detecting yesterday. I have never found a ring yet, but yesterday I found three. One junk ring, one wedding band (I think is silver), and my first 10K GOLD! The only problem is its a class ring and had no problem finding the owner. Looked on Facebook and found him in 5 minutes. I hope he appreciates it, I could had used the extra money. It was nice finding some rings and wow three!!! Oh and $1.04 in change. Thanks for looking
Ok prospector

image-2396891614.jpg

image-3551252680.jpg

image-3904813665.jpg

image-1819527797.jpg

Upvote 0

lucky larry

Apr 16, 2013
Whether to return or not is obviously up to each individual (unless the law says otherwise). But, in in my humble opinion, the best reward comes from knowing you did the right thing. Receiving a thanks (or even a reward) is just gravy. Ultimately, which ever way the recipient chooses to act is their karma. Expressing appreciation to the recipient of your good deed chooses to act is their karma.

OP
OP
okla. prospector

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I did find out from my first call from talking to his mom that he had lost the ring about 2 years ago. His mom was real sweet. Maybe he was just nervous and forgot to say thank you. I would have thought with it being his ring that he would have been a little more thankful. Oh well it's done and he has his class ring back.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a shame (on them) that they didn't show some appreciation for the ring's return. I've had a few like that too but the grateful ones more than make up for it. There are so many rings where there is no way to track down the previous owner that finding one you can is fun to me.

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did the right thing, and sometimes (no... always) that is its own reward.

But yeah... I sorta know what you mean.

PM your snailmail address and I'll send you a little "feel-better" freebie if you like. (Sorry, not gold.) But something in the "cheap-but-interesting" category, just for fun. :)

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Karma will come back to you, just be patient, you did an awesome deed even if he wasn't appreciative.

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask him if you can detect at his house or the house of a relative of his. He might have some great leads for you if you ask.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

crbub

Jun 23, 2013
Panola County, Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear, but I think it is a sign of the times. So many parents leave the raising of their children( teaching manners, respect, faith, work ethic, etc) to schools and daycare that the schools have assumed that role for all children and as parents it is hard to undo what they have taught them. You did the right thing and that is your thank you. The feeling of doing right is reward enough.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I would have forced a thank you out of him. Just like you do with your own kids. I would ask about a possible reward also. Heck $20 bucks would be a good jesture that anyone could afford. That's just a few gallons of gas these days. People that are ungrateful for such a recovery are the reason why lots of people don't want the hassle of trying to return a ring.

How about the guy that found a neighbors ring and got accused of stealing it. That's got to top them all, what an insult.

OP
OP
okla. prospector

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

Scott9050 that's a good ideal, but not sure if I want to talk to him again lol.

Crbub, I know what you mean and that scares the crap out of me knowing the the schools are teaching people kids everything. Putting there views on kids including gun control. When are these parents going to wake up!

Scotty544 I seen that! Is that not crazy, I would have been so mad. The funny thing is that I was thinking about what happen to him when I called.

crbub

Jun 23, 2013
Panola County, Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think the parents will ever wake up. it is to easy to let someone else teach their kids. As far as the gun control i don't even want to think about it. At least here in Texas we'll be some of the last to give up our guns.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of these kids today couldn't spell respect. Parents are all too happy letting TV and the school system raise their kids then later wonder why their 40 year old son is living at home unemployed or their daughter has 5 kids all by different men. I'd have demanded a thank you and make him show me the respect i showed by calling them up instead of selling it off to pay my bills. Just my two stinkin Lincolns.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread