First gold makes me sad

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out metal detecting yesterday. I have never found a ring yet, but yesterday I found three. One junk ring, one wedding band (I think is silver), and my first 10K GOLD! The only problem is its a class ring and had no problem finding the owner. Looked on Facebook and found him in 5 minutes. I hope he appreciates it, I could had used the extra money. It was nice finding some rings and wow three!!! Oh and $1.04 in change. Thanks for looking
Ok prospector

image-2396891614.jpg

image-3551252680.jpg

image-3904813665.jpg

image-1819527797.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
okla. prospector

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Yes as easy as it can be to sell with all the cash for gold I just can't do it. I remember when I was in high school and would have loved to have a class ring but my parents didn't have the money. I would have been very upset if I did get one and had lost it. I just hope he appreciate it. Some of these kids now days just don't!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO you did the right thing and you both will be happier for it. Most returns are worth more than money but, who knows, he may insist on giving you a reward. I've had many people offer a reward that is more than the melt value. Well done!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Yes as easy as it can be to sell with all the cash for gold I just can't do it. I remember when I was in high school and would have loved to have a class ring but my parents didn't have the money. I would have been very upset if I did get one and had lost it. I just hope he appreciate it. Some of these kids now days just don't!

I know what you mean as I couldn't afford a class ring either. But I would have tried to return any ring with a name in it.

OP
OP
okla. prospector

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Annief I hope your right lol. Thanks I won't been able to live with myself if I didn't return it. I just got off the phone with his mom. She was so thankful, makes me feel really good.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job & u did a great thing says alot for us detectorists out there u did find the owner & now dont have it but u did still find it right not everyone finds rings not to mention 3 in 1 day should b sum sort of récord out there HH

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Well done!! Of course you would return a ring with someone's name in it...congrats!!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You just got one of the greatest finds a MDer can get!:thumbsup: The satisfaction of returning a lost item to it's owner! There's no price that can match that feeling. I'm still waiting on my chance to do the same! Congrats!:thumbsup:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do whatever you want with this ring - including giving it to the first homeless person you see.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awe they werent grateful that u found it huh

OP
OP
okla. prospector

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I talked to his mom and she was but I'm sure she paid for it. When he did come get it not even a thank you from him.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I talked to his mom and she was but I'm sure she paid for it. When he did come get it not even a thank you from him.

Ungrateful u should have gotten a thank u at least u didnt have to do what u did well karma will b on urside for this one & plenty more better items coming ur way no dought

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you did the right thing anyway. Some kid now days don't seem to know the words " Thank You " and " Please ". Kind of a shame but it is not all kids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions