Immm Baaaack.....

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I'mmm Baaaack.....

Hey everybody, I got out swingin' today for the first time in 3 years. I kinda lost interest after my huntin' buddy passed away (Rudy2003). Anyway, I was only able to get out for about an hour. The ground where I hunted is hard as a rock due to drought. I managed 5 qtrs, 3 dimes, 7 pnys & a gold "colored" charm.
Since I didn't have a jack hammer with me I decided to give it up and find a softer spot tomorrow. :O) Happy Swingin'!

Upvote 0

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back. Aside from the rock-hard ground, what was it like being back out there? I just got back into MD'ing after a 30 year break...I'd forgotten how much fun it can be! HH

OP
OP
Ima Swinger

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Wow, what timing you have. I literally just slipped my shoes on to go back to that rock hard ground to do some surface hunting. Same here. I just lost the fun for a while. I started reading more detecting stories and watching videos and it gave me the bug again. :o)

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean. I've lost two of my hunting buddies in the last few years (one being my best friend this last Feb) so my condolences. Being part of a local club can help and well as the good folks on this site. Welcome back.

OP
OP
Ima Swinger

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Thanks cudamark. Your right, there are some good folks on this site. I've been a member since 2007, but as you can see by my number of posts, I spend more time reading posts than actually posting. :o)
Sorry to hear about you friends as well.
Hope you're finding some good stuff.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for ur losses & good to v another come back yo the hobby once its in ur blood ur sick with it lol Hh

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lived in Austin & the ground here is cracking so bad due the high temps.& no rain.I've thought about a pickaxe,that's why I've been hunting tot-lots.

OP
OP
Ima Swinger

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Yeah, I did that this morning. The sand in the tot lot made for nice clean coins. Lol
The rest of the area I just surface hunted. I'll go back later when the ground is soft and get the rest.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back! Rudy2003 was a great guy. Hope you can come to a detecting club meeting in the future. I have several new customers in Porter TX.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread