image-3347605789.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow impressive lot there

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
466. Of which 46 were silver (and a 1914 $2.50 gold piece), and over 100 were wheaties.

That was during some insane beach erosion in the 1997-98 El nino. I was the first one to chance on to this eroded beach that day. The only reasons I didn't top 1000+ and over 100 silvers, was: 1) I didn't get down on this particular cut/erosion beach, till the low-tide time of day, so I started getting chased back out by the incoming tide after only a few hours, and 2) It's a dumpy locals-only beach (no tourists, no hotels, adjacent city only dated to the 1940s, etc...).

I'd love to see bed-rock conditions like that at some of the "Bay-watch" warm-water touristy beaches of CA! :)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the bleep very very nice

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I have you all beat: 2 clad quarters on a Florida beach. Don't mean to brag or anything, but that is the truth right there! :D

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I know of a few guys who .... during the 1982-83 El Nino, were at the right-place at the right-time, and had days of 100 silver coins or more. Of which total coin-counts would teeter up into the 600's and '700s. With tallies like that, it no longer becomes an issue of depth, or finding beeps to dig. It becomes an issue of speed and endurance. Because you've got only 6-ish hours of low tide (3 hrs. preceeding the low, and 3 hrs. after, while it's still low). Unless the targets were appearing right up near the cut, in which case you'd have more time to work. But sheesk, even assuming 6 hrs, can you imagine the strength and muscle it takes to dig that many holes? (often in the pouring rain and howling wind of the storms). I've seen a lot of those heavy-target count beach storm days, where ...... at the time you have to leave (d/t tide chased you out, or you have to go to work, or your battery's dead, or ... whatever), that you would KNOW FOR A FACT that a person could simply continue to harvest more, with ease, as fast as he wanted.

Another time, I was in such conditions (yet only had a total target count in the 300's, of which only 30-something were silver), that I had promised my wife I'd be home at a certain time that night. When that time came, I was hot & heavy with targets as fast as I could dig. So I called her and told her I'd be "running a little longer". She says "how long?". I tell her, I'll be home at 11pm. (It was about 9pm then). Well at 11:30pm she called me back on my cell-phone ... uh ... VERY IRATE (and worried, as it was pouring rain and howling wind). So I had no choice but to make my way off the beach. And the entire way back to the car, continually getting beeps all the way up to the high-water mark. In retrospect, looking back, I wish I'd told her "too bad", and just stayed. But I was a p*ssy-whipped newlywed, and uttered the words "yes dear" Arrrggghhhh.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know of a few guys who .... during the 1982-83 El Nino, were at the right-place at the right-time, and had days of 100 silver coins or more. Of which total coin-counts would teeter up into the 600's and '700s. With tallies like that, it no longer becomes an issue of depth, or finding beeps to dig. It becomes an issue of speed and endurance. Because you've got only 6-ish hours of low tide (3 hrs. preceeding the low, and 3 hrs. after, while it's still low). Unless the targets were appearing right up near the cut, in which case you'd have more time to work. But sheesk, even assuming 6 hrs, can you imagine the strength and muscle it takes to dig that many holes? (often in the pouring rain and howling wind of the storms). I've seen a lot of those heavy-target count beach storm days, where ...... at the time you have to leave (d/t tide chased you out, or you have to go to work, or your battery's dead, or ... whatever), that you would KNOW FOR A FACT that a person could simply continue to harvest more, with ease, as fast as he wanted.

Another time, I was in such conditions (yet only had a total target count in the 300's, of which only 30-something were silver), that I had promised my wife I'd be home at a certain time that night. When that time came, I was hot & heavy with targets as fast as I could dig. So I called her and toldher I'd be "running a little longer". She says "how long?". I tell her, I'll be home at 11pm. (It was about 9pm then). Well at 11:30pm she called me back on my cell-phone ... uh ... VERY IRATE (and worried, as it was pouring rain and howling wind). So I had no choice but to make my way off the beach. And the entire way back to the car, continually getting beeps all the way up to the high-water mark. In retrospect, looking back, I wish I'd told her "too bad", and just stayed. But I was a p*ssy-whipped newlywed, and uttered the words "yes dear" Arrrggghhhh.
Stories like that make me wish I lived closer to the ocean. And was willing to stay out in the rain. I guess your opinion changes when you're digging up silver, though.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had only three hours to hunt this one particular day this spring but I found 99 coins and a pharmaceutical weight. If I would have stopped to count my coins I would have stayed another minute or two and made it an even 100, and this was in a yard at a house , all these coins were dug!!!!

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I calculate $/hr. if I even count my take.
Made $7.50/hr. where clad is concerned on my best day. I spent a lot of the time on my knees with the pinpointer because of multiple hits.
Much of it was the same average of Quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies, that everybody else finds. The area was blanketed with coins!
My legs and back really hurt the next couple days but that didn't stop me from going back for more.

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That beats my record of 122 coins in a 4 hour day. One was a silver Washington, two were wheats the rest were good ole clad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread