minelab pro find

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
All I saw was someone doing an air test on a jig, comparing it to the Garrett. It had a bit more sensitivity.

It was a you tube video, so not hard to find.

Minelab is running a special in July, you get one free with some detectors.

My son wants a 705 Xterra so I will chime in when I have one.

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
I have had one for about five months now with no problems, you can adjust the sensitivity on it, it vibrates as well beeps. I hate to be without it.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
I searched
tn_02.gif
and found Minelab Pro-Find Field Test (Aug 11, 2012)...

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough calls seems very well bulit I got everything else might aswell look into one myself lol

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hands down better then the Garrett. More features and best of all no falsing:headbang:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh pretty bold statement there I take it u have used both of them on various tests to find out these results

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Falsing is the main reason I am having to upgrade to these new pinpointers. I have the original Whites units, and they false if you bump them only slightly. They are both going on ebay as soon as I get the time.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I havent used a minelab do i want to try sure y not I do however use the pro pointer from garrett great great tool has a greeat feature of beeping faster to steady as ítem get closer. Pending on what detector ur using have u considered a sunray probé I have in my v3i another great peice of equipment 1" coil mini detector light backed on urs

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only used the garret pro pointer, but it does everything I want it too. Never leave home without it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Falsing is the main reason I am having to upgrade to these new pinpointers. I have the original Whites units, and they false if you bump them only slightly. They are both going on ebay as soon as I get the time.

I have heard the whites ones false a bit like I said I use the pro pointer & no issuses at all I havnt used a profinder so cant say on that but there must b some sort of relevance considering there are more then double the amount of the garretts then minelabs

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the Garrett and the Minelab and they are fine little gadgets. The Minelab has the variable sensitivity which is nice, but you can adjust the Garrett sensitivity with the sliding coin or ring trick, it's just not as simple. I also like the fact that the Minelab has a quiet no noise feature, but you can always tape over the Garrett's speaker hole, again, just not as simple. The Minelab's sound and vibration aren't as strong as the Garrett's and I do wish it had a stronger vibration, but I have gotten used to it. I guess the real test will be which outlasts the other.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the Garrett and the Minelab and they are fine little gadgets. The Minelab has the variable sensitivity which is nice, but you can adjust the Garrett sensitivity with the sliding coin or ring trick, it's just not as simple. I also like the fact that the Minelab has a quiet no noise feature, but you can always tape over the Garrett's speaker hole, again, just not as simple. The Minelab's sound and vibration aren't as strong as the Garrett's and I do wish it had a stronger vibration, but I have gotten used to it. I guess the real test will be which outlasts the other.

Nice,reveiw curiosity which one do u use more ? The coin trick is a great trick to

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered the Uniprobe. That looks to be better than all of them. 5-6" detecting range, the sound goes through your headphones so nobody else hears it, it'll fit and swap around to most detectors unlike the Sun Ray, and the probe is waterproof so they'll work in the wet sand or shallow water. You can't go under deep water with it as the headphones aren't waterproof but I have a Vibraprobe for that. I can't wait to put it through it's paces!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive heard also there good to it just doesnt seem as portable as the minelabe or the garrett

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. I got a cheapo BH one right now lookin for another.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the input. I got a cheapo BH one right now lookin for another.

Me too, I modded mine a little and while it does work, I've been eyeing the garret for a while. Kinda wishing that Fisher/ BH would come with a new design that would work better than what they offer now, but be a lot cheaper than the pro pointer or pro find.

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too, I modded mine a little and while it does work, I've been eyeing the garret for a while. Kinda wishing that Fisher/ BH would come with a new design that would work better than what they offer now, but be a lot cheaper than the pro pointer or pro find.

I know what u mean. I have a Sun ray on my safari but I still like a pointer ever now and then they still come in handy.

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't used the Garrett, but bought, and use the Minelab pinpointer. I can hear the Garrett on You Tube better than the Minelab in real use. Vibrations, I can feel in certain positions barely. But I'm old???? Loved my old Tinytec; worked great, but gave away. :-(
Shep

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice,reveiw curiosity which one do u use more ? The coin trick is a great trick to

I have only had the Minelab a couple of months, and right now I sort of just switch back and forth day by day unless I am going to a place where I don't want the noise, then I just carry the Minelab. If I heed a loaner for a friend they get the Garrett so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread