Garret Ace 350 Vs Fisher F2

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm lookin to buy a new metal detector. I'm unhappy with the 350 and have it ready for resale at a small loss. Should I get the fisher f2?
Sick of the false tones. I've had more false signals then right ones. And the search coil iis too big I think. Get multiple junk signals might be confusing it.
Any opinions on the F2? Looking for a metal detector that has the numerical value of signals. Not "coin"
Any opinions accepted.
Wicka

Upvote 0

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most people who have them seem to like them from what I read. If you can, you might want to consider saving a little more for an F-4 if you decide to go with Fisher.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya i agree ur kinda goin backwards there lol id save a little more towards a middle level machine or consider goin used on the online sites theres a new supporting vender WHO has some used treasure classifieds

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Although I hear good things about the F2, I believe you would be going backwards too! If you can't stretch for an AT Pro right now, I would look at the F4 or Exterra 305. Wickaboag, if your referring to beach hunting with your 350, it will false all over the place on wet sand. I have had good luck with mine hunting relics, including a 10k class ring my son found from my own yard! Your 350 will sniff out some good finds!

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Although I hear good things about the F2, I believe you would be going backwards too! If you can't stretch for an AT Pro right now, I would look at the F4 or Exterra 305. Wickaboag, if your referring to beach hunting with your 350, it will false all over the place on wet sand. I have had good luck with mine hunting relics, including a 10k class ring my son found from my own yard! Your 350 will sniff out some good finds!

It's doing bad in playground sand, and dry freshwater sand and salt water sand. It never touched wet sand or seawater.
I was thinking of the xterra305 aswell... But it is an extra 100$.
Noone on Craigslist has used MDs for sale :(

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the supporting vendors treasure classifieds I think but not positive some may b in there If u sign up u get a,shirt lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions