Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that's what im going to do . unless someone in northeast ohio has a t2 ltd I can check out .. and they seem to hold their value well. does the t2 have a weird ass hook up for the headphones like atp ? definitely have to get the headphone adapter for the atp
What do you mean by weird? I don't know what it's like on the AT Pro to compare, but it is an 1/8" jack on the clear back, on the battery compartment.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you mean by weird? I don't know what it's like on the AT Pro to compare, but it is an 1/8" jack on the clear back, on the battery compartment.

The Garrett's use a proprietary plug for the headphones, kinda Appleish of them lol. But really only a minor drawback.

Don't think the Fisher/ Teknetics line uses anything like that on there MDs....not yet anyway lol.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett's use a proprietary plug for the headphones, kinda Appleish of them lol. But really only a minor drawback.

Yeah but they also offer an adapter for any 1/4" plug headset! I use one on my ATP.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Score!!! You can't beat that man.

yes you can! seen f-75 ltd (black) go for $600.00-$650.00 in brand new shape
much better detector with the "boost" mode. very little call for the standard f-75 anymore.
most guys want the (l.t.d.) deeper,and quieter,especially around urban areas.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
I am still stuck between these two . I am probably going to go with the brand new at pro and a new pro pointer and a 5x8 coil.

great choice! detector is "killer" in iron! 5+8 coil is terrific in trash.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still stuck between these two . I am probably going to go with the brand new at pro and a new pro pointer and a 5x8 coil.

The AT Pro has a huge following and seems to be the iPhone of detectors. I recently bought one from Bart and while I'm still learning, I've been pretty pleased with it. Don't forget to ask for Tnet discount when you order. I was very pleased with the deal I got from Bart.

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wish i could use both side by side. but i will probably end up with the garrett.

SeminoleCo Treasure

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would give JW a call over at Kellyco Metal Detectors. He helped me with questions I had on some different units. Very helpful...

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i feel like kellyco is an untrustworthy company. pushing shitty chinese machines in all their give aways. and if you read about their customer service it seems to be lacking to say the least.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i feel like kellyco is an untrustworthy company. pushing shitty chinese machines in all their give aways. and if you read about their customer service it seems to be lacking to say the least.

How do u figure bad chinese machines what ones? They have been around for quite a while ya some havent had bear exp but some have had great mine was great they got good deals they support alot of great machines, there the only ones to sell the detech sef coils out of anyone else

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm look at all their giveaways. google search kellyco customer service.. look at all the cheap ass chinese stuff they carry. and their "deals" are not even deals..they say they price match.. but will argue with you about doing so....Not to mention they are probably boxing your money up and sending it to india to one of their cousins... im good ... i rather shop with the little guys and get real customer service and talk to a real english speaking white folks... like i said im not here to argue. its just not a company that i would trust. their employees do not know ****... to prove a point . i asked between the at pro and gold of which had a true all metal mode... the ******* girl had to put me on hold.... should be a simple enough question for someone who sells detectors .. you buy where you want to buy from. and ill buy from americans.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm look at all their giveaways. google search kellyco customer service.. look at all the cheap ass chinese stuff they carry. and their "deals" are not even deals..they say they price match.. but will argue with you about doing so....Not to mention they are probably boxing your money up and sending it to india to one of their cousins... im good ... i rather shop with the little guys and get real customer service and talk to a real english speaking white folks... like i said im not here to argue. its just not a company that i would trust. their employees do not know ****... to prove a point . i asked between the at pro and gold of which had a true all metal mode... the ******* girl had to put me on hold.... should be a simple enough question for someone who sells detectors .. you buy where you want to buy from. and ill buy from americans.

Ok there give away bro last give away was when u bought 1 of 4 machines they had id get a bounty hunter pilot free, good give away now u get a minelab profind pinpointer another good give away. Im not gonna argue its not y I come to this site at all everyone has there own opinions & thats Fine i like em thats my opinión ur entitled to urs I do disagree with ur choice of words used there r younger kids who come here trin to get info I thinku just have a poor set of words I also have deus xp thats made in italy i beleive very good machine

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes you can! seen f-75 ltd (black) go for $600.00-$650.00 in brand new shape
much better detector with the "boost" mode. very little call for the standard f-75 anymore.
most guys want the (l.t.d.) deeper,and quieter,especially around urban areas.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I have never seen an F-75 (gold) in as good as condition sell that low with all it came with. I don't even see many F-75s (black OR gold) come up for sale very often, they are great detectors.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Follow Bart's advice. He won't steer you wrong. I was prepared to jump up to the $1000 - $1500 range when I bought my ATP. I talked to Bart and he advised me to buy either the ATP plus another detector which I don't recall which brand or model it was. I am thinking it was an e-trac. I am very pleased I followed Bart's advice.

He said you can't go wrong with the ATP as far as value vs performance.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I bought my first detector, ace 250, from kellyco. What a bunch of crap they bundled with it. Was much happier dealing with Bart when I bought myATP and no crap bundled with it.

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for chiming in merc... most of the stuff they bundle i would rather not even have.... im sure ill dig enough trash to not need them to send me any

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if I would buy a new F-75, but I just bought a used one with both 5" and 11" coils, covers for both coils and the screen/battery compartment, Koss headphones, and a carry bag. It was only $550. The machine is deeeep.

You got a deal, I paid more for my used one, and didnt get half the goodies. The 5" inch coils rocks under play equipment, and the 11" inch coil is a beast in trash. It is sensitive enough to pick up fine gold chain also. While you can dig deep with the F75, I find a lot of new drops along with the coins at the park. The F75 hits harder on a dime than anything else.

Eli, if you can discipline yourself, put it on JE mode, no disc or notch, and barely crank it on. Also get a good gb. Then watch it go.

GUARDIAN

Jul 15, 2013
Dunedin
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a case of wanting what you don't have. I found that a friends T2 hit slightly stronger on a deep small silver coin, the T2 is better balanced and nicer to swing and has all metal mode and no notch (from memory) so is probably closer compared to an AT-Gold.

I was going to get a T2se but really I don't see it as a massive upgrade over the ATP or ATG besides if you are like me and occasionally drown things then the AT series is the way to go. The 5x8 coil in my opinion gives a much tighter signal and for trashy areas and is well worth the the lose of depth. The 11" is deeper and great for covering more area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread