ATTENTION People who do not like the at pro !!! Please Look.

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about to buy one. big boy hobbies told me that it was the best all around detector for under $1000 . I was going to buy a T2ltd but i have been constantly been told to buy an atpro . I read countless great reviews. and lots of people that do not like it as well. i owned an at pro previously and it was good to me for the short while i had it. i liked it better than my mxt pro. easier to operate. cleaned up old spots the mxt pro missed. including 2 silvers in my own yard.

Because i own a retail store i have to ask the question. Do you think retailers push the at pro on people because it is a profitable machine for stores to sell.
Can you tell me why you do not like the at pro? Have you even owned one ? What machines do you compare it against when you make your judgement ?
Just trying to answer a few real questions. I know some of these answers have been repeated. But the thread always gets off topic.

Upvote 0

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plz...that boom baby behemoth doesn't use an ATP he uses a whites, i made sure because I didn't want to buy anything that goon uses. I've had fellow club members showing me their f75ltd, spectra v3i, minelabs too and would say they're not happy after spending the money on their machines only to see the ATP keep up with theirs or even pass them. These statements coming from seasoned detectorists and I was close to shelling out that bigger buck till I watched it for myself and knew I had to go with the Garrett. I'd rather have the jack of all trades master of none than the master of one thing and suck at the rest.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plz...that boom baby behemoth doesn't use an ATP he uses a whites, i made sure because I didn't want to buy anything that goon uses. I've had fellow club members showing me their f75ltd, spectra v3i, minelabs too and would say they're not happy after spending the money on their machines only to see the ATP keep up with theirs or even pass them. These statements coming from seasoned detectorists and I was close to shelling out that bigger buck till I watched it for myself and knew I had to go with the Garrett. I'd rather have the jack of all trades master of none than the master of one thing and suck at the rest.

Im more then happy with my v3i & the features & options it has more really then any other out ther. So u Sony buy a whites cuz Rick Savage uses one but u will buy a Atpro with those other meatballs using one whats the difference correct way is to look at what Type of detecting u wanna fo, then budget, then to the machine that works for u those higher end machines can b tweeked to fit ur needs quite well I have the Atpro ,v3i & the deus xp they are all different each has a specific thing over another & thats what makes it great no 1 brand or model is the same

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most people I know couldn't learn those minelabs or whites so they went with a simpler machine such as the at pro.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How many threads you gunna start on the same topic? This is what? 3 now?

Everyone recommending the ATP OBVIOUSLY has some kind of hidden agenda. Because as everyone knows who hasn't used one, they're junk!
And the same people show up!!!!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, here it is from the dealer perspective. It's not the profit, I actually make more on a T2 or a Minelab than on the AT Pro. The At Pro is a very good value for it's price point. Great features like iron audio and ground balance with target ID numbers, waterproof, and very easy to use - a turn on and go machine. A good dealer will ask you where you like to hunt, what features you need, what your budget is, etc. Based on customer feedback after the sale and my personal use, it is a good value for the money. If they weren't good machines, there would be a ton of them on the classifieds forum.

In addition to my AT Pro, I personally use a CTX3030 and Fisher F75LTD. To me they are all tools in my toolbox. It's a lot like Fords and Chevys, some people hate them and others love them. If you don't want an AT Pro (they aren't for everyone), there are other very capable machines in the marketplace.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, here it is from the dealer perspective. It's not the profit, I actually make more on a T2 or a Minelab than on the AT Pro. The At Pro is a very good value for it's price point. Great features like iron audio and ground balance with target ID numbers, waterproof, and very easy to use - a turn on and go machine. A good dealer will ask you where you like to hunt, what features you need, what your budget is, etc. Based on customer feedback after the sale and my personal use, it is a good value for the money. If they weren't good machines, there would be a ton of them on the classifieds forum.

In addition to my AT Pro, I personally use a CTX3030 and Fisher F75LTD. To me they are all tools in my toolbox. It's a lot like Fords and Chevys, some people hate them and others love them. If you don't want an AT Pro (they aren't for everyone), there are other very capable machines in the marketplace.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Well said what works for 1 may not for another thats y they make other brands & models way I c it is if ur happy with what ur using good thats the point no need to bash something to death cuz it didnt work for u its workin for them I have all my tools I need for quite a while I hope lol

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
im going with the at pro again. i have already decided that.. thats not the reason for this thread. the reason for this thread is to find out from people who have actually used them and dont like them . why? i feel that alot of the stuff you read can be misleading. alot of people comment on machines that have never used them.

I love mine use on the beach as much as on the dry. Learn the machine and you won't be disappointed. In my humble opinion the short time I have been on Tnet there seems to be an anti AT Pro crowd.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine use on the beach as much as on the dry. Learn the machine and you won't be disappointed. In my humble opinion the short time I have been on Tnet there seems to be an anti AT Pro crowd.

Id absolutly agree with u 100% seems who bash just had a bad expeience with it & c people who have a good exp & dont like it

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing idl about my at pro is im still getting use to what it's telling me

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How many threads you gunna start on the same topic? This is what? 3 now?

Everyone recommending the ATP OBVIOUSLY has some kind of hidden agenda. Because as everyone knows who hasn't used one, they're junk!

Yep, hidden agendas, we all know at pros only find bottle caps... Lol. Haters gonna hate. I. Love mine, that's all that matters to me!

johnnyboy25

Aug 27, 2006
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
01/04/20 NOKTA IMPACT
go with a minelab. sov,quattro,explorer xs .i've seen all of these machines for under $400.they are deep,easy to use,and deadly at the beach.just great all around detectors

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go with a minelab. sov,quattro,explorer xs .i've seen all of these machines for under $400.they are deep,easy to use,and deadly at the beach.just great all around detectors

I cant say enough good things about my safari

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, hidden agendas, we all know at pros only find bottle caps... Lol. Haters gonna hate. I. Love mine, that's all that matters to me!

It's the same thing as saying tiger sharks can't find gold right

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread