ATTENTION People who do not like the at pro !!! Please Look.

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about to buy one. big boy hobbies told me that it was the best all around detector for under $1000 . I was going to buy a T2ltd but i have been constantly been told to buy an atpro . I read countless great reviews. and lots of people that do not like it as well. i owned an at pro previously and it was good to me for the short while i had it. i liked it better than my mxt pro. easier to operate. cleaned up old spots the mxt pro missed. including 2 silvers in my own yard.

Because i own a retail store i have to ask the question. Do you think retailers push the at pro on people because it is a profitable machine for stores to sell.
Can you tell me why you do not like the at pro? Have you even owned one ? What machines do you compare it against when you make your judgement ?
Just trying to answer a few real questions. I know some of these answers have been repeated. But the thread always gets off topic.

Upvote 0

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 SE is a much deeper detector with the boost.. AT Pro... More profit maybe.. I had one of the first and it was a decent detector after i sent it in a couple times.. Headphones are a pain on it.. If you want it for the water fine.. But given my time with both the T2 SE Is a much, much better detector..

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT pro good all rounder - except in the Salty Surf!!!!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I upgraded I had the at pro pushed at me like crazy from a few retailers. Aftet huntin with some buddys who had one, finally convinces me to go another rout. I dnt know if they grt a better kick back from Garrett. But I would agree it isn't the best detector out there for under 1000. I got a new minelab safari for well under that price tag and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The only thing the at pro has that I like its water proof, but still better detectors out there. I wouldn't always go with what a retailers push remember there sales man they r out to make money they will push what makes them more money, go do research on some u might be intereated in, watch some YouTube vids too.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I highly doubt it's depth would compare to that of a Safari, T2 SE, or an F-75. Sure, they are a few hundred more, but still under $1000. If your going to be hunting relics, the T2 seems to be the best choice.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one of the early AT Pro's and quickly sent it back and Garrett sent me a newer one. That one was just as bad even in the woods holding the coil still in the air it was unstable even at low sens. A friend bought me a newer one yet and this AT Pro behaves as advertised. However I have no confidence in it as I can rely on other water detectors and better land units too.

What is better than the AT Pro, about anything in my opinion. MD's like the Tiger Shark, 1280, CZ-20/21, Beach Hunter ID, Excal's for water detectors as these don't leak. Lots of land detectors are better too for depth and accuracy of the ID. True the AT Pro has a screen which is nice for newbies to decide if they want to dig another penny or take a chance if it is a gold ring. But in the water we don't need screens. NRA2.JPG Join NRA.JPG

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How many threads you gunna start on the same topic? This is what? 3 now?

Everyone recommending the ATP OBVIOUSLY has some kind of hidden agenda. Because as everyone knows who hasn't used one, they're junk!

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fella.. i see you on here praising and then hating. which is it . do you like it . or no ?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The hate is sarcasm.

It's a great detector. Period!

Will other detectors do some things better? Of that I have no doubt. Can you get a all around better detector? Doubtful!

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Again I'll say this, the ATP is cool because of the wet factor. You can hunt in the rain, creek beds, lakes out to 10 feet, etc. it's also an above average dry MD. So I say if you plan on getting the detector wet a moderate percentage of your hunts go with the ATP.

The T2 in my opinion is technically superior, and from everything I have read, amazingly deep. But the wet factor only covers the coil.

It all really depends on how much you are getting in the water. If your hunting dry 99% of the time I'd get the T2. If you got some wet spots you know you will be hitting up fairly often I say the ATP will be best for you.....

Ultimately it's all up to you bro. Good luck, and no matter which you end up with, you'll still have a damn good detector.

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im going with the at pro again. i have already decided that.. thats not the reason for this thread. the reason for this thread is to find out from people who have actually used them and dont like them . why? i feel that alot of the stuff you read can be misleading. alot of people comment on machines that have never used them.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
im going with the at pro again. i have already decided that.. thats not the reason for this thread. the reason for this thread is to find out from people who have actually used them and dont like them . why? i feel that alot of the stuff you read can be misleading. alot of people comment on machines that have never used them.
If you already decided, then why are you trying to get people's opinions on them?

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never used the T2/F75 platform. I would venture to say its more sensitive at depths and to things made of gold looking strictly at specs.

ATP is strong though checked one out long enough to dig 3 targets and I was wanting one pretty bad! I say get one if that's what you want. It may not be the best at some things, but it's def an above average, good all around detector.

Someone referred to it as an "iPhone" of the MD world. I myself have called it the "Ford Mustang" of the MD world. They are NOT popular because they're pure crap as some would have you believe.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i love mine best detector that ive owned

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought a t2, funny thing is I talked to three different dealers and each tried to get me to but an atpro. I have a friend who does very good with his, but I wanted a t2 anyway. Seemed weird they would want me to buy a cheaper detector unless they make more money on atpro sales.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently bought a t2, funny thing is I talked to three different dealers and each tried to get me to but an atpro. I have a friend who does very good with his, but I wanted a t2 anyway. Seemed weird they would want me to buy a cheaper detector unless they make more money on atpro sales.
It almost seems that there has to be a better profit margin or something. Who knows.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to think this forum if for all levels of experience. Your question is a good one, but the title makes it hard to take the post seriously. Your going to get responses from both sides of the fence here.

I do hunt with the F75, and a good friend hunts with the T2. We hunt as much as scheduals allow. I dont know anything about the AT Pro except I have never seen anyone using one. I have seen many complaints from AT Pro users. Most of them either a bad product build or a inexperienced person not understanding the detector. The Whites MXT is a great machine as I have seen those used. I could own a Whites after what I have seen them do. If a AT Pro is out hunting them, your questiomn is answered, get the AT Pro.

Without knowing what type of hunt, or where you will hunt. Its hard to give a recommendation on a detector. I can tell you the T2 is a great relic machine, very deep, very stable. It has no problems finding rings or jewelry. The guy I hunt with that has the T2 does not find many older coins. But it just kills it for local park hunting. The T2 is going to have a learning curve, so may not be the machine for you.

On a personal prefrence, I dont like what finds look like after spending time under water. I also dont like whats in the water with me either. So a waterproof machine is just another build option I dont need that can go wrong. If the AT Pro is good enough for Rick Savage and family, Im sure you will be happy with it again. Boom Baby.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or it could be that dealers want more satisfied customers thus creating more return business.

I'm not denying that the T2 isn't a hot rod, quite the opposite. But what reason would a dealer want to sell a souped up possibly temperamental machine especially to a newbie? Said newb takes the T2 home can't figure it out, looses interest & never buys any more tecting stuff. Why not push the ATP that will do 9/10th of any other machine (and somethings better), and not be difficult to use & learn and learn well? Again, said newbie finds it more enjoyable thus more future sales.

Of course I'm talking generally and averages for all you guys that have a cousin that knew a guy that lived next to somebody that had an ATP and said it sucked!
Where's my roll eye icon?

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or it could be that dealers want more satisfied customers thus creating more return business.

I'm not denying that the T2 isn't a hot rod, quite the opposite. But what reason would a dealer want to sell a souped up possibly temperamental machine especially to a newbie? Said newb takes the T2 home can't figure it out, looses interest & never buys any more tecting stuff. Why not push the ATP that will do 9/10th of any other machine (and somethings better), and not be difficult to use & learn and learn well? Again, said newbie finds it more enjoyable thus more future sales.

Of course I'm talking generally and averages for all you guys that have a cousin that knew a guy that lived next to somebody that had an ATP and said it sucked!
Where's my roll eye icon?

Haha nicely said!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread