Batteries

A3TresHunter-NJ

Tenderfoot
Jul 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all new to the site and after my camp trip upstate new york decided to see if I could find an entry level MD on craigslist for reasonable price to help with hunts. I found someone selling bounty hunter 3300 for $150 and was able to talk him down to $100...saw peopel selling garrets 250's but wouldn't budge on their pricing.
I cam here just to check up and yeh big disputes on the models but figured for $100 was ok deal.

Now to my point one thing people saying was 3300 battery eater and and some people using recharging batteries as well. I hate to sound like a commercial, lol but I come from the audio/music industry. And all us audio guys use one type of battery and one type ONLY. And that is Duracell! lol yeh I know sounds bad but it is tried and true with so many audio guys using it there is good reason. Mostly can compare to say wireless mic's they seem to drain less quickly than other brands even compared to energizer. and we wouldn't use rechargeable batteries for live events...ever.....
So I'll let you know once the batteries that came with my 3300 go and I run the Duracell 9v's how long I'll get out of it.

Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use headphones with your MD and it will save you a ton of battery life. As for buying off of craigslist, "BUYER BEWARE", i would highly suggest having the person meet you at a local metal detector shop and have the machine thoroughly checked out before purchase to help ease your mind on buying a broken machine. I enjoy my machine because it uses AA batteries, and are much cheaper to buy than 9v. GL and happy hunting )

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
I also have a 3300. The batteries last fine (I use headphones too) - It does not have abnormal battery consumption for all the features it has. I carry spare batteries for all of my detectors (you really don't want to get out to a great site and have dead batteries right when you are finding cool stuff).

My Tesoro Campadre only takes a single 9 volt battery. If you use headphones, the battery in it lasts a long time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread