has anyone used a si robertson detector

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just curious if there was anyone WHO has used one i know they r still pretty new when I first saw it there was only 1, model now theres 2 the higher priced one even has a gps on it I guess it can Store like 10 locations. Anyways just curious if anyones used on is all both r under $500 I think around $4 mayb

Upvote 0

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious! On you F2. What coil are you using on it? If you don't have the 11" DD coil for it. I would seriously recommend you looking in to getting one.

The 11" DD coil for the F2, almost makes it like getting a new detector. If you like your F2 and you're looking to get something more. I would recommend the Fisher F4. The one thing good about the F4 it has Ground Balance and it comes with the 11" DD.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ur serious on buying one look up.wild game detectors they are the exact detector just without the $200 paintjob & the name si or Phil Robertson

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! He is right. They even have a color touch screen (I think) the same price as the Phil Robertson one.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they do there all over feebay wildgame yellow ones,orange ones same thing same company with a different name put on it

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question: that F2 you have. Which coil are you using? The standard coil? If you dont have the 11" DD coil, I would seriously recommend you buying that first.

That coil will breathe mew life into that old F2. You almost swear you have a new Metal Detector. However if you REALLY want another detector. I would say go for the Fisher F4.

The learning curve is almost the same as the F2. Only difference over the F2 and F4 is on the F4 you get Ground Balance. Also one neat thing about the F4. Is if you arent looking to spend alot of money upgrading. The Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 is the exact same Metal Detector as the Fisher F4 (including Ground Balance).

Plus.... The coils work for all three (F2, F4, & 3300).

starflyer59

Mar 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question: that F2 you have. Which coil are you using? The standard coil? If you dont have the 11" DD coil, I would seriously recommend you buying that first.

That coil will breathe mew life into that old F2. You almost swear you have a new Metal Detector. However if you REALLY want another detector. I would say go for the Fisher F4.

The learning curve is almost the same as the F2. Only difference over the F2 and F4 is on the F4 you get Ground Balance. Also one neat thing about the F4. Is if you arent looking to spend alot of money upgrading. The Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 is the exact same Metal Detector as the Fisher F4 (including Ground Balance).

Plus.... The coils work for all three (F2, F4, & 3300).

I do have the DD Coil for my F2 and have had a really hard time getting used to it. I can never find the sweet spot for where the target is. I have played around with it and found the target can be anywhere up to 1 inch in front, in back or to the sides of the coil. I got frustrated with the DD Coil and put the 4" Sniper coil back on.

I would love to have a F5 or a AT pro but both are way out of my price range.

The Reviews for the TCX1 and 2 have people saying they are finding targets at 6-8" deep. I have never found anything that deep with the F2.

And my 8 year old is begging to takeover my F2. lol

Last edited:

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense when I say this. But with my F2's I have found items all the way to 10" (on rare occasions). You do know theres one more bar on Sensitivity.

When you turn the F2 on. It shows 4 bars. But actually theres 5 on Sensitivity. Plus for me. The center spot I find on the 11" DD is usually in between the first and second "V" on that coil.

Are you using a pin pointer? Hopefully not the Fisher F-Pin Pointer. Although it does what its supposed too (barely). The best one I have found and use religiously is the Garrett Pro Pointer. It finds stuff that the Fisher Pin Pointer will not.

starflyer59

Mar 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense when I say this. But with my F2's I have found items all the way to 10" (on rare occasions). You do know theres one more bar on Sensitivity.

When you turn the F2 on. It shows 4 bars. But actually theres 5 on Sensitivity. Plus for me. The center spot I find on the 11" DD is usually in between the first and second "V" on that coil.

Are you using a pin pointer? Hopefully not the Fisher F-Pin Pointer. Although it does what its supposed too (barely). The best one I have found and use religiously is the Garrett Pro Pointer. It finds stuff that the Fisher Pin Pointer will not.

Thanks for the reply. i usually turn the sensitivity all the way up. During our last hunt with the DD coil I kept digging and digging and sometimes just gave up, and when i did find the target it seemed to about an inch away from the back of the coil.

I do use the Fisher F-pin pointer and it's ok. No where near as good as the Garrett pointer.

Thanks for all your help. Me and my 8 year love going detecting.

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually video when I go out hunting. If you go over to my profile there should be a link on the very bottom off my page that goes to YouTube.

One of the videos I did was compare the Fisher Pin Pointer with the Garrett Pro Pointer. While both use only (1) 9 volt. Somehow the Garrett seems to do the job much better.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
GPS"S are in reality cheap and can be built into anything. No big deal to me…. AND who is Phil Robertson…. ?????

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
GPS"S are in reality cheap and can be built into anything. No big deal to me…. AND who is Phil Robertson…. ?????

Hay Keppy, your blowing there name game. And who wants a GPS reading for an empty hole?
What I would like to see is new technology not copy cats. Frank...-
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
My personal opinion is that all of these machines look like plastic garbage.

Stick with recognized names, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab.

Why gamble with your hard earned money?

I agree with Frankn, if it isn't new technology, keep it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, stay away from this China trash. Where is the warranty? A good detector doesn't have to have so many names and colors. If the tech on these things was so good, why isn't it used on real detectors?

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys, stay away from this China trash. Where is the warranty? A good detector doesn't have to have so many names and colors. If the tech on these things was so good, why isn't it used on real detectors?

I'll have you all know that the "EL Padron Fornicator 1200" will be available on September 12 2014. Pre orders are now being taken at the unbelievably, well…… unbelievable price of just 2599.99 This machine runs deeeeeeep………….

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh for Pete's sake, quite fussing about the machine and just hand over your money.

It's endorsed by someone you see on T.V. so it must be great. (not as great as if he was a sports hero, just average great)

So- pay up.

And don't forget to get a ShamWOW to clean the screen with.

...but WAIT!

For a limited time with every order>>>>>

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the whole problem in my opinion is adding the name of a celebrity to sell it,
cheapens the whole thing.

even The Bill Wyman Signature Metal Detector sounds like your buying the celebrity's name :unhappysmiley:

if Minelab produced the Marcos Ambrose signature Gold Detector,
it would cheapen it to a Toy to prop on a shelf with nascar collectables :tongue3:

(worth more in the future if you don't take it out the box)

d6a5_empire_strikes_back_lunchbox_food.jpg

Last edited:

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
even The Bill Wyman Signature Metal Detector sounds like your buying the celebrity's name :unhappysmiley:

No, I heard the Bill Wyman was a pretty good detector.

Especially with the Humbucker coil.

:headbang:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions