Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'd go with the Se pro. Not necessarilly because it will go "deeper" (although in my opinion it does), but as g.a.p.metal Gary says, will depend on location, etc.... But the SE pro will give good depth, and retain full TID orchestra (to the trained ear) to those deeper reaches. Contrast to the others you list, where they have less tell-tale audio. But it depends on other factors, like junkiness of the site. Perhaps the Se pro would be "lost" there, and get its b*tt kicked by those other options you list (which are better in iron).

It's a chevy vs ford type of question.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats just a question u wont b able to get a real answer there are just to many variables to say oh this one gets thos well over that one, u will however get alot of people saying so & so gets the best most likley cuz there using that brand & r brand loyal not a bad thing at all but just doesnt answer ur question

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably the Minelab PI units. A friend of mine in the UK says that someone in his club uses one and finds really deep roman gold and silver coins (at least 2 feet down) in hunted out areas. The Whites TDI series PI detectors will also get down deep (at a substantially lower price point). PI units are not cheap, nor are they the most user friendly, but if you want depth, that's the way to go.

Last edited:

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Fisher 1225,1260,1265,1266,1270X, Garrett Freedom Ace CDC, MP Series MP5 Pro, Garrett Coin Hunter TR Disc. (1978), Mikron NRG-110, De
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably the Minelab PI units. A friend of mine in the UK says that someone in his club uses one and finds really deep roman gold and silver coins (at least 2 feet down) in hunted out areas. The Whites TDI series PI detectors will also get down deep (at a substantially lower price point). PI units are not cheap, nor are they the most user friendly, but if you want depth, that's the way to go.

Maybe the Nexus Bonanza/Credo/Standard SE Mk.II or the new Standard Mp will solve the age-old question of what the deepest coin detector is. (Supposedly) the Standard MP is now the deepest land metal detector for individual coins. Anyone know (anything) about one or all of these machines? Let's not all beat a path to my door at once now! One at a time kiddies!, LOL!!!!Wow! I think I'll have to roll out my cot and camp out waiting for an answer on this one!! LOL.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably the Minelab PI units. A friend of mine in the UK says that someone in his club uses one and finds really deep roman gold and silver coins (at least 2 feet down) in hunted out areas.

Smart of him to go to the "hunted out" areas. He go insane in a fresh area with trash and tabs, tops, foil and iron junk.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
haha, I know EXACTLY what Charlie is hinting at :) If anyone wants the absolute "deepest" for coins, then ........ heck, why stop at the listed machines? Get yourself a Minelab nugget hunting machine . Gauranteed you can find a nickel to nearly 2 ft. deep :) Then take that puppy to the nearest ghost town, or inner-city urban blighted park, and .... have a ball :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread