Crazy idea

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was there supposed to be a picture, or something?

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have set my detectors to give me a threshold 'buzz' - this tells me that I am set to the point where almost anything metal in the ground will cause an imbalance and make noise in my headphones. I can't listen to music and that at the same time (I'd rather listen to the threshold).

I don't own any silent search dectors (I know they are out there - where you only hear something if there is a target of some sort) - I feell more comfortable knowing that the threshold is set right and my sensitivity is matched to the ground I am looking at - hard to be sure with a sillent search detector that only makes noise when it determines a change.

Last edited:

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone could probably develop a program that interupts the music when the detector gets a good signal.

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, newbie here. My 350 is noisy as anything! What I found is, hunting in playgrounds, and parks, and soon a few beaches. People hear then see what your doing if your not wearing them darn headphones. Don't get me wrong, the tones are nice and all, but its toooooooo damn hot outside to wear them! Which is why I took an idea from another member here and installed a light system to see what the MD is showing. My 350 has a display which shows what it thinks is a target. Why do I need any sound? The tones sound off as light from the two LED's. I have tried this a few times now and it works great! So now all I need to do is watch the display and get a visual along with the display.

DL1.jpg
DL2.jpg

DL3.jpg
DL4.jpg

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, newbie here. My 350 is noisy as anything! What I found is, hunting in playgrounds, and parks, and soon a few beaches. People hear then see what your doing if your not wearing them darn headphones. Don't get me wrong, the tones are nice and all, but its toooooooo damn hot outside to wear them! Which is why I took an idea from another member here and installed a light system to see what the MD is showing. My 350 has a display which shows what it thinks is a target. Why do I need any sound? The tones sound off as light from the two LED's. I have tried this a few times now and it works great! So now all I need to do is watch the display and get a visual along with the display.

I agree on the headphones being uncomfortable, but on some detectors the sound is more important than others.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone could probably develop a program that interupts the music when the detector gets a good signal.
Then you would have to decide if the sound is a gold ring or AC/DC!

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that sound and tone is the biggest determination on whether I dig something. I would hate to have to rely on trying to watch my display for hours as I'm swinging. Just me though. I may be way off base.

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that sound and tone is the biggest determination on whether I dig something. I would hate to have to rely on trying to watch my display for hours as I'm swinging. Just me though. I may be way off base.

Honestly, I can see what you mean. Specially if your trying to cover a large area. But for a tot lot or something smaller the LED and the display works ok.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions