Im wanting to upgrade from my ace 250. suggestions?

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wanting to upgrade from my ace 250. suggestions?

Hey guys hows your luck? Mine has been bad so far. I have an ace 250 and I find it abit annoying at times. I hit a blade of grass and the thing dings.
I use all metal descrimination on it. I cant really see the icons on the screen so I listen to the sound of the beep instead.
pin pointer on it is no where near accurate.
Now im thinking fisher f2 but it looks cheap as hell but so does my 250. I'm looking to spend about $250 max so my wife doesnt kill me.
Maybe i'll give her the ace 250 so she wont be mad at me buying another lol.
I have 100 bucks saved up from items I have bought at yard sales and sold.
I have sold about 3 items totally 100 bucks profit but my goal is to reach 250 bucks.

Can you tell me your experiences with detectors you have used and why you liked a certain one better?

Upvote 0

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F2 is solid. It's entry level, but great for the money. It will only be a mild upgrade from your 250 by most people's standards, as most consider them in the same class.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you have a $200 detector and you want to spend about $250 to get an upgrade? I don't get it!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you have a $200 detector and you want to spend about $250 to get an upgrade? I don't get it!

Sell it and save for a better one. Doesn't make much sense to buy basically the same level detector.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These guys pretty much said it I mean ur not gonna get much of an upgrade for 300 the f2 I've heard very good things so possible & also there's a couple in the tesoro line that would b better for u to since u said u don't look at the screen & listen for sounds. If ur really set on just $300 check eBay or some other online stores u can get a higher end machine used & just cuz used don't mean it stinks I'd go that route if I were u mayb a nice whites,tesoro,fisher,or save some more up get closer to the 500 mark if ur working on profit mayb the wife won't get so mad good luck on that

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a lot of good stuff with my 250; silver and jewelry. I upgraded to the AT Pro, and the learning curve wasn't bad at all.

The good thing about going from an entry level detector to a much better one is that all of those sites that you've hunted become new places again as you can find all of the stuff that the other detector missed.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a lot of good stuff with my 250; silver and jewelry. I upgraded to the AT Pro, and the learning curve wasn't bad at all.

The good thing about going from an entry level detector to a much better one is that all of those sites that you've hunted become new places again as you can find all of the stuff that the other detector missed.

Agreed 100% on that each spot of mine turned into a new 1,4 seperate times each hh

OP
OP
K

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i found a whits xlt for $250 thinking maybe i can talk him down a little

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i found a whits xlt for $250 thinking maybe i can talk him down a little

Now that's an upgrade my friend good machine u could even send it to whites & they could even throw some dfx parts at it in the long run u can get sunray probe,a decent amount of coils for it I recommend the sef coils,& the dd there awesome. Even if u can't get him to come down still a great deal I've seen em go for $400 easy

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch ebay and craigslist, u can come across some pretty good deals.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could always hit up eBay, Craig's list, etc. most people take pretty good care of their MDs so you might be able to get an upgrade that's better, going used?!? I'm not gonna bag on you for being on a budget. Money is tight- times are hard- that's why I STILL don't have a pro pointer.

foiledagain

Greenie
Jun 25, 2013
British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Current detector is a Tesoro compadre
Ex ace 250 user
tecnetics d 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
having had an ace 250 i understand completely . , i sold mine asap because i didnt know about id numbers !!!!!

esp because of our canadian clad . i would ditch the ace in a heartbeat for the f2 ,at any cost

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get an XLT for $250, jump on it, great upgrade over the Ace, my buddy got his for over $400 last year. He is neck and neck with me with my V3i in finds, plus Whites has excellent customer service in case you ever need them.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I lol on that one! Better save some more $$$$$

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Either one of these would be small upgrades from the 250:

-teknetics eurotec pro (you can always put the 11in DD coil on it later)

-Fisher F2 (optional DD coil for later)

-Some may argue that the the tesoro silver Umax is an upgrade as well, but it doesn't have a VDI display.

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went from a 250 to a 350 to an AT Pro. I love the Pro. I was water detecting this past weekend. 1 - 6 feet of water and never missed a beat. I brought it home and hosed it down... Gotta love waterproof!

johnnyboy25

Aug 27, 2006
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
01/04/20 NOKTA IMPACT
get a sov,or a quattro (can be had for $350) turn on and go,deep,super at the beach! read some reviews......good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread