Coinmaster pro VS Garrett ace 350

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had both...Performance is pretty similar. I'm not a fan of either. If push came to shove I'd get the 350 over the CMP for the simple reason of coil selection.

Both are really easy to learn, the 350 is more customizable with its settings than the CMP, I'd say the 350 is more stable and less prone to falsing, the CMP's tones sound a 100 times better!
When you say beaches...you mean salt beaches? Niether one will work well in that environment because neither have manual ground balance capabilities.
Fresh water beaches won't pose a problem.

For the price I wouldn't recommend either. I'd be looking at Tesoros Silver uMax or the Cibola. Keeping in mind neither of those have manual GB either.

If you need a detector that does it all and want to do salty beaches, you are going to have to pony up some more money for a machine with manual GB adjustment!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd agree with what fella has said for what ur doin I'd look into the tesoro line, or even check out online auction sites u could find a great deal for a lightly used higher end machine then what ur looking at right now. Sometimes used is the better route ull get a lot more detector for ur money, & save some room in the budget for a decent digger,pouch,& a good pinpointer all those will help out a good deal hh

OP
OP
N

nurseterri2

Jun 8, 2013
Thank you both very much for your input!!! So I need a machine with manual ground balancing. How much are we talking?? New VS used... Can't decide between loose sand in the beach (saltwater) or just sticking on parks and old homesites. I am located in the middle of both!!!!! Again... Help!!!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both very much for your input!!! So I need a machine with manual ground balancing. How much are we talking?? New VS used... Can't decide between loose sand in the beach (saltwater) or just sticking on parks and old homesites. I am located in the middle of both!!!!! Again... Help!!!

Manual ground balancing will b a lot better choice to fine tune ur machine & get the depth ur looking for. Price wise its gonna depend on what brand ur going with & new verse used. If I were u & with the budget u have I'd go towards used cuz u will be able to find most of the features ur looking for with a higher end machine, I mean if u go with the choices u first mentioned give a month or so & soon as u get bit by the detecting bug ur gonna wanna upgrade again,so y not just do it the first time,goin used will help. Some of the used machines only have a couple hrs u just have to look around.

sandy shoes

Jun 6, 2013
gloucester mass
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have used the 350 on dry sand on salt beaches it works great it is a coin magnet wet salt sand not so much .that's why i got a ATpro .good luck with your search.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also agree that the 350 will work well on NJ salt water beaches. As long as you stick to the dry sand. If you are looking for the gold rings in the wet sand and surf you will need at least an AT-Pro or a machine specifically made to hunt in salt water.

OP
OP
N

nurseterri2

Jun 8, 2013
Gotcha. I'll look around a bit more. I am getting VERY EXCITED!!!!! Any more advice on ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated!

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quite honestly, I believe that the Teknetics Eurotek pro with 11in DD coil, Fisher F2 with 11in DD coil, and the tesoro cibola would all be better choices than the coinmaster pro or ace 350. They have super fast recovery speed, TID numbers (except for the cibola) and super lightweight designs!
C4C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread