Best detector?????

OP
OP
N

nurseterri2

Jun 8, 2013
I know... I know... Had to save a little cash. Now Isn READY!!!!! I have done my homework. I was also looking at a compadre. SO MANY CHOICES!!!!!!! I still need your opinions!!!

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F2 for a screen, compadre for not. Or you could try a new Eurotek. Everyone with an Ace seems to complain about the sound.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In that price range...get the Silver uMax instead of the Compadre...the sensitivity adjustment is worth it!

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember what we all told you before, if you'll be hunting the wet parts of a saltwater beach you'll need something with a GROUND BALANCING option.

I've seen vids of people hunting wet sand (salt) with F2s and Aces but they probably had the sensitivity at the lowest setting and they were still a bit jumpy.

I'd say you can still have a lot of fun with one in that price range, and it will give you lost of good practice on the basic skillset you'll need if you decide to stay in the hobby. You can always upgrade later!?

Don't forget to leave room in the budget for digging tools and a pinpointer! Check out videos of the garret pro pointer if you haven't already, you'll be impressed! It'll save you a lot of time finding dimes and such among the chunks of dirt.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
-Teknetics Eurotek Pro with the 11in DD coil

-Fisher F2 with the 11in DD coil

-Tesoro silver Umax

All of them are AWESOME machines :)

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember what we all told you before, if you'll be hunting the wet parts of a saltwater beach you'll need something with a GROUND BALANCING option.

I've seen vids of people hunting wet sand (salt) with F2s and Aces but they probably had the sensitivity at the lowest setting and they were still a bit jumpy.

I'd say you can still have a lot of fun with one in that price range, and it will give you lost of good practice on the basic skillset you'll need if you decide to stay in the hobby. You can always upgrade later!?

Don't forget to leave room in the budget for digging tools and a pinpointer! Check out videos of the garret pro pointer if you haven't already, you'll be impressed! It'll save you a lot of time finding dimes and such among the chunks of dirt.

Great advice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions