first time buyer of high end machine!!!

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, minelab explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a brand new minelab explorer se pro tonight and hopping it gets here by the weekend I am upgrading from a bounty hunter sharp shooter 2 that i bought last year I like metal detecting but the bh was cheap and give no information at all it just beeps if somethings in the ground and the tone dont even matter cause there right on a wim i dug everything and took notes literally and basiclly after playing with setting and digging everything i relised i would never know what i was digging ever! I was having a hard time deciding between detectors i wanted a high end machine and i debated at pro and minelab se pro the arnt really comparable according to all the revies i read and then i started second guessing my self and now i hope i diden't make a 1000 dollor mistake so mine lab it is let me know what your relly think also tips and pointers would be nice since it is a different anamal to what i was useing

Upvote 0

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice i like it it is different than the bounty hunter but in a great way im not used to it its defenently going to take time to learn every thing on it but you will like it to probably iv been out practicing with it in the yard and finding things the pro pointer is kick ass to i wouldent have payed 195 so i wouldent have ever known but it came free and i relly like it when i find somthing i wave it across the ground first if its close to the surface i can locate it with minamal digging also we found a button with "stix & krouse co" printed on it i only found two things about the company on google and they were both in the time period 1871 and 1873 and it was about 12 inch in the graound when i find my camera ill get a picture for ya

OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone know or have tips on how to find property markers?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, walk over the top of them with your detector turned on! :laughing7: Seriously, you may want to get a copy of the county assessor map of the area involved. It will have locations of property lines and dimensions of surrounding properties. Once you find one marker, you can find the rest by measuring and pin pointing with your detector. A compass will help a bit and a surveying transit will help a lot.

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

When I bought my house the curb was marked and the markers were never put in the ground.
They look like this out of the ground

image-2741090097.jpg

It has a copper "X" on the top.
When we bought our house we got a survey of the property. This will tell you about where the markers are, if they are there.
My neighbor called the county and they came out and marked the locations for him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks this will help i am wanting to put a fence in the city came through a while back and dug out the ditches when they did i cant find my property stacks now and they sed i cam pay a servayor servayors here want 1000 bucks for doing a half acer its a rip if you ask me i know about where the use to be and i know where the back ones are just not the front ones i thought thy drove them pritty deep though? the city wont mark them know but mabe the county will ill tri that also thanks

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Fletch...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Plant a coin garden. I learned my explorer very fast that way. I hit the field running and dug a dozen silvers and other oldies within my first few hours in an old ballfield. Or, just throw a few metal objects on the ground, and swing your coil over them. Learn as you go.

OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was out tonight i found a dime and so pieces of rusty steal all rang good when i got home we tested the the detector and with different pieces of jewelry and coins my meters are all over the place do yall have that problem also depth meter is all all over some times i also have some dumb questions like why the put a switch on your recovery menu for fast and deep isent that what everyone wants i havet turned them on except toi expermint but figured id ask why any way

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never been a Bounty Hunter user so I can't comment on what might be wrong with your machine but as for the deep and fast settings.... under some conditions, it's counter-productive to turn them on. If the area is real trashy, highly mineralized, or has multiple targets, those settings can mask adjacent good targets or give false readings.

OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks im using a minelab se pro and tring to learn it i did find a weat penny today though when you put the shaft in to the back of the control box during assimbly is the cupler inside the control box move back and forth up and down i dont remember it being loose when i assimbled it but it is now

lumbergh

Jul 22, 2013
Wake County (Raleigh Area), North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE PRO, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Fisher Metal Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Try zillow.com. When zoomed into the right level, you can see all the property lines. Just search for your town/city that you are looking in, and it will show you.

OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im not understanding the noises the se makes everyone ses go by sound but i think im getting it and then it doesent make sence any good guides or videos on the sounds? or keep guessing and the pro pointer kicks ass when it works but some times it looses its mind and just keeps going off? am i doing this right?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have thought within 11 months you would be an SE pro expert. Did you read Sabisch's book? Take one chapter at a time and understand it, go outside and test it. Trying to read it cover to cover without actually going out and applying what each section explains is difficult. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread