First outing with my own machine

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wound up buying a slightly used Tesoro Cibola and finally got out with it yesterday for the first time. I rented a Whites M6 about a month ago, so this was my first outing with my own machine.

Hunted for 30 minutes at a nearby tot lot and got 2 zinc Lincolns and a whole soda can :). I picked the tot lot because it was close and all of them in my area have a couple of inches of mulch on top of soil, so it makes digging pretty easy. The can was intact and down farther than I would have thought, about 4 inches. I'm guessing someone buried it on purpose, even though there is a trash can not 10 feet away. After 30 minutes, I had swept all the areas pretty well and the mosquitoes were getting viscous so I packed up and headed home.

This tot lot I went to is used infrequently, so I hope to soon hit another one nearby that is busier. When I rented the Whites, that other lot yielded a couple of Zincolns and a quarter, so I'm hoping for more clad (or better) on my next visit with the Cibola.

I guess the detecting bug has fully bitten! 8-)

Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like fun! Tot lots are a good way to learn your machine, by digging clad.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
u got a nice detector to start off with just read that manual and watch some vids on youtube or anywhere u can find some the more you know about ur machine the more finds ur gonna get and alot more fun ull have with it, its a very addictive hobby my friend lol good luck

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone must have hit that tot lot recently before you got there. When you find a near virgin one you will fill your pocket with coins! Good luck!

OP
OP
WhiteTornado

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone must have hit that tot lot recently before you got there. When you find a near virgin one you will fill your pocket with coins! Good luck!

I did hit it with the rented Whites detector, that was about a month ago. Found 2 Zincolns then, too. I just think this tot lot is hardly ever used anymore. Heck, I saw weeds growing up through the mulch in the playground area! I'm looking forward to hitting the other tot lot that is near me; that one gets a lot more traffic I think.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More traffic more finds

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tot lots can produce unexpected finds. Pull a small 10k wedding band out of one last month. Keep at it! Good luck and HH! Also, enjoy your new machine, learn it well!

OP
OP
WhiteTornado

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tot lots can produce unexpected finds. Pull a small 10k wedding band out of one last month. Keep at it! Good luck and HH! Also, enjoy your new machine, learn it well!

Thanks, I'm liking it already, very lightweight. I think it only weighs 2.2 lbs. Your kind of find is what I'm hoping for! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
WhiteTornado

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the other tot lot this morning. Got $0.52 in coins: 6 Zincolns, 1 copper Lincoln, 2 Roosies and 1 Washie. 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread