Last beach hunt of the year...the results

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So my last saltwater hunt of the year didn't produce anything spectacular, but the learning experience, sights, and sounds were well worth it.

I really only hunted the low a.m. tide in the 3 zones ( dry and wet sand, and knee deep surf). Most of my finds were in the dry sand with only one ring (stainless?) coming from the wet sand. The sheer lack of any targets (junk or otherwise) taught me that the targets were too deep for my MD. I now know the meaning of "Sanded In". Hopefully, by next year i'll have a PI machine. The results, about $10 in clad, one Atlantic City arcade token, one Can. twoonie, a ring, and one plated earring.

HH to All

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130722_113853.png
    ForumRunner_20130722_113853.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That don't seem to bad hey there was always a chance like everyone goin out for a hunt to come back with nothing obviouly that wasn't the case here good finds man

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it the last saltwater hunt of the year? There is still plenty of summer left!

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why is it the last saltwater hunt of the year? There is still plenty of summer left!

Because i'm at least an 8 hour drive from a saltwater beach here in western pa lol. Now, i got some freshwater beaches to hit, but lets face it, nothing quite compares to the ocean.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Because i'm at least an 8 hour drive from a saltwater beach here in western pa lol. Now, i got some freshwater beaches to hit, but lets face it, nothing quite compares to the ocean.
You could be in Erie relatively quickly. Then again, as you said, it's not the ocean, and I'm sure it doesn't have the traffic most saltwater beaches.

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could be in Erie relatively quickly. Then again, as you said, it's not the ocean, and I'm sure it doesn't have the traffic most saltwater beaches.

I thought about trying Erie. Its about a 3 hour drive that i do occasionally in Oct. for Steelhead. Definitely not a bad idea.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought about trying Erie. Its about a 3 hour drive that i do occasionally in Oct. for Steelhead. Definitely not a bad idea.
I just went up this past weekend for Walleye, and thought of taking my detector in case I had time. Glad I didn't, between the rain and fishing, I wouldn't have had 5 minutes to detect!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, in more ways than one! Bikin's, easy digging, Bikinis, jewelry, Bikinis, :hello2: Sunburn, sand in everything, aching calves, traffic/parking hassles, equipment cleanup, :censored:

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, in more ways than one! Bikin's, easy digging, Bikinis, jewelry, Bikinis, :hello2: Sunburn, sand in everything, aching calves, traffic/parking hassles, equipment cleanup, :censored:

Haha...Amen!

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know, some bikinis you see are definitely not a good thing to see. :D

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure they are! And I have the right to cheer or puke as the case may be!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread