vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
Until someone pipes in - you might consider browsing Sub-Forums: California for information...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Huntington beach is a state administered beach (as opposed to city, county, or federal). And so too, for that matter, is most of our coast-line state beaches. Very few are city or federal, etc...

Now, do you want the realistic answer? Or the technical answer? First I'll give you the realistic answer. Then you can tell me if you want the technical answer.

The realistic answer is that all the state of CA owned beaches can be detected. You can detect till you're blue in the face, and no one cares. They've just always been detected (since the dawn of metal detectors in the 1960s), and it's never been an issue.

If that answer suffices, good luck and have fun. But if you want the technical answer, I'll give that :)

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for help I taking my t2 so any one use a T2 on the beach ??

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm not a t2 user, so I'm not good at answering that. Most guys hunting So. CA are using either a variety of all-metal beach pulses, or excaliburs. A few CZ6's and Garretts. But seems that most of the time whenever I've seen a T2, its in connection with land sites. So not sure how it fares on wet mineralized salt.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's like most low-end VLF's, it won't fair too well.......dry sand, sure, but wet sand, good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread