MD in WI

DiggingwithBay

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2013
Just got my Ace 350 shipped and put together and it starts to rain.... so I just poke around on here for awhile and get discouraged by reading others posts about hunting locations... I feel like there is nowhere to go as I read of old timers talk about mding for 20-30 years and hitting many spots I would think to go. What are the chances of even finding a decent public spot to dig nowadays...... Did I make a wrong decision by getting a 350 and not buying a unit that would cost me a months rent?

Thoughts? ??

Upvote 0

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Plenty of places to hunt. City/county parks, public schools & private property with permission. I have NEVER asked permission to hunt on public land EVER and I've never been hassled. EVER! Best to just stay off state DNR run land.
Don't get worked up because someone you know once knew a guy that was a neighbor to someones uncle got a ticket for MD in the wrong spot!

Ace 350 will work just fine.

wasilvers

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2013
Milwaukee, Wi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SS uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I just got a md and am in Wisconsin too (Waukesha area). Been to a local beach a few times and cleaned up the pulltabs. Tonight i dug my first hole on public land and you can't even see I was there :) I like this hobby.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
DiggingwithBay - You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Wisconsin for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
D

DiggingwithBay

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2013
Thanks for the insight guys! Hoping to try it out today for a bit and start adding up my hours. I have a few old private properties to hunt on but want to figure this unit out before I hunt the unhunted.

lededoop5125

Jul 11, 2013
North-East Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites- Coinmaster Pro, Garrett- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are still good spots out there but research must be done.. If your up for asking permission to private lawns that would be a big + to finding goodies.... Lots of people don't like doing that so a lot of lawns could be virgin spots.

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt areas over and over myself, and many times find more when I am thinking on the way there that I'll never go back because I found everything last time......but there really never is al last time because the ground shifts over the seasons and tilts coins just right to be found with a metal detector! As far as gold and silver rings.....they get lost still today, so the site where they get lost can renew itself. Research and work= great finds potential!Just done discriminate out your chances of a real good find......buy a good digger!
Paul of Penna

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread