Other

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked at one at Dunhams this winter and if my mind serves me right it was a made in China piece of Sh_t. The only good thing that ever came out of China was an empty cargo container.

Oh and buy the way on the Chevy vs. Toyota thing. The Toyota is the most American made car. Yes like it or not that is a fact. And no I don't drive one, I drive a Chevy!

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked at one at Dunhams this winter and if my mind serves me right it was a made in China piece of Sh_t. The only good thing that ever came out of China was an empty cargo container.

Oh and buy the way on the Chevy vs. Toyota thing. The Toyota is the most American made car. Yes like it or not that is a fact. And no I don't drive one, I drive a Chevy!

Toyota Motor may be made in America, but it is owned by Japan, and ultimately that is where the money goes. It's a shell game. Make you feel better about buying a Japanese product. Don't get it twisted.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

What exactly do you mean by "most American made" like they make more? Or more Americans work in their factories to make them? Clue me in?!?!

If Chevy and ford and Nissan and Toyota all have factories here..... Which they do..... How is one any more American made than the other?

Unless you get into what Scott is saying- and he's right- the money ends up in Japan ultimately?!?!

I actually respect Japanese made products, now, I might buy an MD that was made there?!?

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a metal detector forum, not a car forum. I want to know if the box says "Made in China" or "Made in USA". If it says the latter...... things could get real interesting in a hurry.

If it says "Made in China", then as the saying goes "it is what it is". Some really good electronic stuff comes out of China, but when it comes to metal detectors they're utterly clueless.

--Dave J.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a metal detector forum, not a car forum. I want to know if the box says "Made in China" or "Made in USA". If it says the latter...... things could get real interesting in a hurry.

If it says "Made in China", then as the saying goes "it is what it is". Some really good electronic stuff comes out of China, but when it comes to metal detectors they're utterly clueless.

--Dave J.

Thats what I want, that and a new Fisher pin pointer that's on par with the Garrett and Minelab! Incase you didn't read the other post! Lol. And of course that would be made here!

Jul 15, 2013
Cranberry Township pa.
Detector(s) used
Ground efx swarm
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my box right here ill look right now 1 sec..... And unfortunately it is made in china but for 100$ its a great back up machine. It has a pin-pointer mode on it ya hold pp and it works like the pro pointer and shows the depth as you get closer. The only flaws i've found w/ this rig is the plastic screws on the coil break when your son stands on the coil.! lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/torture/IMG_03541_zps72849437.jpg IMG_0354[2].JPG IMG_0351[1].JPG

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2013
Cranberry Township pa.
Detector(s) used
Ground efx swarm
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I talked to the office manager @ Wgi innovations and he says that some parts that come from china are In the board system in Lcd screen the rest is made and assembled in texas. not sure if thats right but for a back up machine to use or use nothing its ok for a back up rig. I would rather use a chinese detector over a oin-pointer on my knees.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Swarm sez on box "made in China", so I guess we don't need to contact the federal cops after all. Looks like same model I bought at Academy just to find out what the heck the thing was. It was junk. I didn't say "poor value for the dollar", I said junk.

Our (usually about) $60 BH Junior is at least a real metal detector, designed by one of the best known USA metal detector engineers (me), adapted from the very popular TK4 which I'm told originated with the legendary George Payne although I have been unable to verify that particular. The BH Junior together with nearly identical products manufactured under other model names for alternate distribution venues, is manufactured here in El Paso, and also in China under contract to the same specifications. If you want to know where it was made, read the box. If you want to know if the engineers who designed the thing knew what the heck they were doing, the trademark is "Bounty Hunter".

Several years ago I was asked to locate a child's chain bracelet believed to have been lost on the lawn of a church pastored by a friend of mine. I have a vast arsenal available for such a task, not just our stuff including even prototypes, but also our competitors' stuff. My pick was....... the lowly BH Jr. Best tool for that particular job. ......I didn't find the bracelet, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't there, it was lost someplace else. Had I been swinging a Minelab Explorer, I could have covered the turf in about 5 minutes and then had to tell the priest that even $1500 metal detectors can't usually find a thing like that but what the heck it was worth a shot. Not knocking the Explorer, just pointing out that sometimes the cheapest really is the best.

But even then, it has to be the real thing, not junk.

--Dave J.

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swarm sez on box "made in China", so I guess we don't need to contact the federal cops after all. Looks like same model I bought at Academy just to find out what the heck the thing was. It was junk. I didn't say "poor value for the dollar", I said junk.

Our (usually about) $60 BH Junior is at least a real metal detector, designed by one of the best known USA metal detector engineers (me), adapted from the very popular TK4 which I'm told originated with the legendary George Payne although I have been unable to verify that particular. The BH Junior together with nearly identical products manufactured under other model names for alternate distribution venues, is manufactured here in El Paso, and also in China under contract to the same specifications. If you want to know where it was made, read the box. If you want to know if the engineers who designed the thing knew what the heck they were doing, the trademark is "Bounty Hunter".

Several years ago I was asked to locate a child's chain bracelet believed to have been lost on the lawn of a church pastored by a friend of mine. I have a vast arsenal available for such a task, not just our stuff including even prototypes, but also our competitors' stuff. My pick was....... the lowly BH Jr. Best tool for that particular job. ......I didn't find the bracelet, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't there, it was lost someplace else. Had I been swinging a Minelab Explorer, I could have covered the turf in about 5 minutes and then had to tell the priest that even $1500 metal detectors can't usually find a thing like that but what the heck it was worth a shot. Not knocking the Explorer, just pointing out that sometimes the cheapest really is the best.

But even then, it has to be the real thing, not junk.

--Dave J.

100% agree. Wildgame Innovations is not a metal detector company and neither the circuit design nor the assembly of this product came from the USA. The superficial camo 'skin' may have been 'specified' by a US company, but that's about the extent of US 'design'. There are a number of 'pretend' Chinese designed detectors that can be ordered and purchased wholesale from Chinese contract manufacturers at a fraction of the cost of a 'real' detector ... check out Harbour Freight's detectors. The profit margin on this junk is huge, compared to a legitimate detector. I would be ashamed as as an endorser or retailer to advertise and carry this stuff.

I carry no grudge against Chinese manufacturing in general. The iPhone, like many other quality branded products, are manufactured in China. We can talk about whether the outsourcing of manufacturing from the US is a long term problem (I think it is) but that's another discussion. What I detest is cheaply made products and/or designs that steal intellectual property from the rightful owner ... and the facts are that most of the products of that type come from China.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah copyright laws are practically non-existent in China.

There are several other countries I might buy an MD from- Japan comes to mind. There seems to be a niche for MD manufacturing.

If any really big companies ever get involved the current kings will likely be history.

Gene@Kellyco

Dec 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've posted this on here before but will gladly do it again for any one that missed my first post. The manufacturer of the Ground efx swarm mx100 is the same as the Treasure Commander TC1X and TC2X but they are not the same machine. Its new and improved with upgraded software as well as upgrades to the coil and shaft. The real tree camo is a cool added feature and if you're a fan of Duck Dynasty which most of us are, then that's a cool novelty as well. The two machines we have now are entry level detectors and compete very well with the others in that price range. The big advantage of the TC1X and TC2X over other detectors in that price range is they both have Ground Balancing!!!! The ergonomics of these machines are really awesome and the back lit, tilt screen is a great idea that I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't caught on to yet. The pistol grip with the trigger hole is where the next models coming down the line will house the pin-point trigger. On field tests here in Florida where we're located this is how they performed.

TC1X Field Test Results
Hit a quarter target at 11 inches deep (flat) and 10.5 inches in its side. Also hit a dime target at a depth of 9 inches, and a silver ring at 10.5 inches

TC2X Field Test Results
Hit a quarter target at a depth of 11 inches (flat). Also hit a nickel target at over 10 inches deep, and a silver ring at 10.5 inches as well.

If you guys have any further questions or live here in Florida and want to come by and take one for a test drive you can give me a shout directly or shoot me an email, thanks!

Gene Knight
Director of International and Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

markrezza1

Dec 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I am new to metal detecting but I won't be starting until spring. I seen this thread while researching my recent purchases of a Fisher F4 and also a Ground EFX mx100. I had to join this site just to say I can't wait to learn about metal detecting while I am comparing these two detectors side by side!! I shall let y'all know how it turns out :)

gott

Mar 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello, which manufactures ground efx?, bounty hunter ?

thank you

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I've posted this on here before but will gladly do it again for any one that missed my first post. The manufacturer of the Ground efx swarm mx100 is the same as the Treasure Commander TC1X and TC2X but they are not the same machine. Its new and improved with upgraded software as well as upgrades to the coil and shaft. The real tree camo is a cool added feature and if you're a fan of Duck Dynasty which most of us are, then that's a cool novelty as well. The two machines we have now are entry level detectors and compete very well with the others in that price range. The big advantage of the TC1X and TC2X over other detectors in that price range is they both have Ground Balancing!!!! The ergonomics of these machines are really awesome and the back lit, tilt screen is a great idea that I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't caught on to yet. The pistol grip with the trigger hole is where the next models coming down the line will house the pin-point trigger. On field tests here in Florida where we're located this is how they performed.

TC1X Field Test Results
Hit a quarter target at 11 inches deep (flat) and 10.5 inches in its side. Also hit a dime target at a depth of 9 inches, and a silver ring at 10.5 inches

TC2X Field Test Results
Hit a quarter target at a depth of 11 inches (flat). Also hit a nickel target at over 10 inches deep, and a silver ring at 10.5 inches as well.

If you guys have any further questions or live here in Florida and want to come by and take one for a test drive you can give me a shout directly or shoot me an email, thanks!

Gene Knight
Director of International and Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

OK .. But no one will say who makes the EFX swarm or other detectors they make ...Is it First Texas that makes them , Whites or who they look like a first texas product and could look like a whites ????????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread