ground efx detector

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No but I'll take a guess that it looks like an ace series from Garrett, but is probably made in China?!?!

Only say that because it seems the Internet is flooded with them.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but I'll take a guess that it looks like an ace series from Garrett, but is probably made in China?!?!

Only say that because it seems the Internet is flooded with them.

True that

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope but will have one in mid to late August.. Kellyco will have them in stock then and I won a Treasure Commander Si Robertson signature series TC1X metal detector made by Ground EFX in the contest they were having.. It's a free machine so I'm not complaining.. Check out the Kellyco site to check them out.. I'm Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope but will have one in mid to late August.. Kellyco will have them in stock then and I won a Treasure Commander Si Robertson signature series TC1X metal detector made by Ground EFX in the contest they were having.. It's a free machine so I'm not complaining.. Check out the Kellyco site to check them out.. I'm Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

Ok! I'll do that?!?! So does anyone know who anything about this company? Another 1st Texas sister company maybe?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrates on ur win & like u said a free detectors is s good one. The 1 thing I don't get both of those models r available now both for under 250 it just blew me away when just cuz it has a camo paint job & a new name Kellyco has em listed both for like 400+

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok! I'll do that?!?! So does anyone know who anything about this company? Another 1st Texas sister company maybe?

The easiest way to find out who makes it is to buy the product and then have a problem with it. What's your next step? In what forum do you ask for advice? where do you send it for repair?

Just for the record, First Texas Products is located at 1465-H Henry Brennan Dr., El Paso, TX, 79936. We have a real factory right here in the USA. If someone sends a unit in for repair that isn't ours, we (obviously!) don't repair it. If the unit turns out to be an illegal counterfeit, we confiscate it and do NOT return it.

--Dave J.

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave is 100% right. If you want to save a buck by not buying from your own country men and supporting us, I hope you get what you deserve.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy first, then ask who the manufacturer was.

--Dave J.

No way, I may respect the hard work that goes into any good or goods in question, but that doesn't mean I don't have any brand loyalty!

If I've had a product I was happy with in the past, I'd be willing to buy something a little different, that was ENGINEERED by some of the same team that made the first one I was happy with!!!

Lets face it, all of us have at least a little brand loyalty. I can name a few brands that I'd always be supportive of, because they've earned my trust with products I've had in the past.

Companies like......... Chevrolet, Glock, Nike, Craftsman, Samsung, Coca-cola, Yamaha, and, You guessed it..... Fisher Research Laboratories........ will always have my respect and loyalty until they do something foolish to lose it.

In other words, I've been pleased with what I have bought that falls under the 1st Texas umbrella- so....... If I knew that Ground EFX detectors were designed, approved, or even had a nod from someone like.....you???..... I might be more inclined to take one for a test drive! Or disinclined if they weren't approving of GEFX?!?!

While I've got you in here and seem to have your attention...... Where the hell's my pin pointer (the one with a cool Fisher logo on it) that both out performs, and underprices both the Minelab and the Garrett? On the way? I KNOW you can build it man?!?

Don't leave us Fisher guys hanging?!?! We're all counting on you Dave! Lol

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrates on ur win & like u said a free detectors is s good one. The 1 thing I don't get both of those models r available now both for under 250 it just blew me away when just cuz it has a camo paint job & a new name Kellyco has em listed both for like 400+

Thanks, it'll make a decent backup to my Garrett AT Pro... I think the price increase is what uncle Si Robertson charges for his autograph.... LOL.. :laughing7:

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, it'll make a decent backup to my Garrett AT Pro... I think the price increase is what uncle Si Robertson charges for his autograph.... LOL.. :laughing7:
I thought the only thing he charges for an autograph is a glass of tea? :)

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My detector is American made, but that's pretty far down the list of reasons why I bought it. Buy American died long ago. I challenge any one to try and live by American products only. It's not even remotely possible. Check the percent of goods sold at walmart that is made in China versus the USA.

Don't get me wrong I try to buy American, but it is hard, and not my highest priority. So if I could afford a ctx 3030, I won't let it not being made in the USA affect my decision to buy one.

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My detector is American made, but that's pretty far down the list of reasons why I bought it. Buy American died long ago. I challenge any one to try and live by American products only. It's not even remotely possible. Check the percent of goods sold at walmart that is made in China versus the USA.

Don't get me wrong I try to buy American, but it is hard, and not my highest priority. So if I could afford a ctx 3030, I won't let it not being made in the USA affect my decision to buy one.

Agreed!

But if I have a choice, like if its right in front of me the way it is with detectors or automobiles, I'll buy American every time. It's not that I think Minelabs or Toyotas are bad products in any way at all.

Funny you mentioned Walmart, in the 80's they had a big push to buy American. There were items throughout the store that had small, round, stickers with the flag on them. Anybody else remember this?

It's sad those same exact items today (Daisy air guns come to mind) are now made in China. Yeah I know, it's a downright shame the Red Ryder comes from somewhere other than here.

Quintessential American name brands just shouldn't have to be imported. I mean what's next Coke? Smith & Wesson? Corvettes and Mustangs?

Jul 15, 2013
Cranberry Township pa.
Detector(s) used
Ground efx swarm
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Ground efx swarm mx100 it is my first detectorand bought it for 99$ @ dunhams. What did you want to know about it?
Its a good rig to start out on i have found 175 pull tabs in under a week. Along w/ pennys and match box cars a couple of dimes. Its not a bad rig but i am saving up for a At pro or a white not sure what yet.
I bought my swarm because i wanted something other than a 29 dollar beeper to get me till i can afford a good rig. As for buying american I do try to but As a disabled heavy equipment operator Money's sometimes
tight and when school books for the kids come up you do what ya gotta do to survive. It does descrim well and has most funtions the mid-end rigs have on them. Coin mode, Jewelry mode, and you can lock out up to 8 different metals.
It also has a depth meter that works pretty well. Also I looked up the company that makes them and they are a american hunting electronics company I believe. They out of Texas and have a facebook page as well called Ground EFX.
I asked them there about coils and such and they responded like 2 minutes after that they are in the process of setting up acc.'s and should have them out soon. Don't hessitate to pm me to ask anymore. I'm going to do a review on them tomorrow so it should be on you tube tomorrow night. Ill call it the "The Ground EFX MX100 Review".

Last edited:

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I finally got online to check these out and they don't look half bad!

I really like the pistol grip with the "trigger hole" - is there a pin point button in there? Because that would be easy and comfortable, or at least it looks like it would be!

But the question still stands- who makes and builds these? I'm not interested at all if its made in China. I know there's not a Duck Commander factory so I'm thinking that one of the big 3 here in America might have gotten a contract to make these?!?!?

If its really made by 1st Texas, Garrett or Tesoro- I might get one for my brother- who's a huge Duck Commander fan!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread