Jul 1, 2013
fennville,MI
Detector(s) used
garret atpro
propointer
sampson 18" digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this today about 2 inches down. But IM confused though because the vdi reading on the atpro was 82-83 which is a dime number. So there's no stamp inside the band at all, now my question is could it still be silver even with no stamp?
Either way it's still a beautiful ring just trying go decide if it goes to the wife or my beautiful 6yo daughter. It's so cute mg

ForumRunner_20130723_235455.png

ForumRunner_20130723_235516.png

ForumRunner_20130723_235607.png

9yo and 6yo daughters argue everytime I come home with keys or junk jewelry I actually had to set up a rotation of who gets what lol.
Now I see them trying to scam each other out of the "cool" stuff.
Sorry for getting so side tracked with the story.I just love the excitement they show for my junk.
Thanks Again Guys Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a nice looking ring, it looks modern so if its not stamped I'm willing to bet its not sterling or gold over etc,have u tried to run a strong magnet over it ?

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could get an acid test for it to see if it is silver. But regardless, rings often sound off as something you wouldn't expect. I dug a chunky silver ring that was reading as a penny symbol.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be silver even if it's not stamped. It could also be silver plated or copper. They show up in about the same area on the readout. The acid test will tell if it really matters to anyone. By the looks of it, there is only a couple of bucks of silver in it if it's sterling. I think I'd be more interested in finding out if the rocks are real.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread