DD1400 AND DD ECLIPSE.

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
I am ready for a new coil on my DFX. I have used the stock coil for a few seasons and Id like to try one of the DD's. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 1400 and eclipse DD coils? Other than the size. Does the eclipse go as deep? is the 1400 hard to pinpoint? I do alot of parks and coin hunting. I realize the 1400 will cover more ground, but the eclipse might be easier on the arm. Im in Mich, I dont think the ground is heavily mineralized and most of the parks I hunt are not horrible with trash. Any help would be awesome. :)

Upvote 0

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
www.dfxonly is definitely the place to look.

I had the 1400 DD coil on my DFX. It worked EXACTLY like the stock coil. Pinpointing was pretty easy also. Once i'd get a good signal, I would bring the coil straight back towards me. When the signal faded, it was directly under the front tip of the coil. It was deep, and all the readings on the screen were the same (depth, pinpointing, etc).

I never used the eclipse, but I heard it worked well also. check out the forums at DFXonly. I seem to remember a similar posting there not too long ago

steve

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Here's the scoop ...1400DD for depth and ground coverage with little loss of signal strength to small targets...6x9 DD... better in trashy areas with more depth in higher mineralization with small loss of depth over the stock coil. Let me know if you would like to purchase either one since I stock both. :)

OP
OP
D

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
Thanks for the info. I bought the 8x14 DD. Its huuuge, but seems ok weight wise. Although here in mich it might be awhile before I get a good day to swing it for any length of time. One more question though. How will it react to small targets on the surface? Am I actually loosing shallow targets to find deeper ones? Ive checked DFXonly.com. But to be honest, as much info as they have. I like this forum better. lol . Thanks for the help. dave.

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Hey Dave,

Seeing how you are in MI, You may wanna come to the DFXonly.com "Camp McKinley" weekend hunt in
April. It' located in Lisbon Ohio. Some of the finest DFX users in the country will be there!
Plenty of knowledge to be shared!

ZoSo71

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions