narrowed down my new budget metal detector to these 3

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion the f2 u could get an entire package pinpointer,digger,ext or a 2 coil set up, for around 200 & the f2 will also prepare u more for later on having a tid screen. The other machines r good & both have great customer service I'm just goin by basically what's gonna help u more in time to come

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To me, they're all about the same. All have the same basic functions, performance and price. Pick the one you think looks nicest, and buy that.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've heard good and bad things about all 3, but I can only say good things about the F2- there are a couple of members here I'm sure who've used all of them.

I can tell you the Fisher is seriously underrated as a entry level MD. It's a damn fine detector for the bargain price of $200

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a Garrett man but if you are looking for a good jump right in detector that will five you what you will use later on like a higher end fisher, Garrett etc...go with the F2. You have PP function, target ID via cursor and numeric value. Look around you might find a F4 used.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All depends on whats you want to find where your located and what detector you will be most comfortable with.. Alot of people ask this question but different detectors seem to work better for people.. My best suggestion is buy the detector you think will find what you looking for..

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd get either:

The fisher f2- super fast recovery and response time, very lightweight, easy pinpointing, five year warranty, and gives the user TID numbers.

Teknetics eurotek pro- like the fisher F2 except newer, deeper (supposed to be anyways), and designed for the tough hunting conditions found in Europe.

Tesoro Silver uMax- very lightweight, SUPER easy to use, lifetime warranty, and awesome performance... It's a Tesoro! The only drawback I that it doesn't have a screen, but that isn't always a bad thing :)

I hope this helps!
HH,
C4C

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree the tesoros r good but that's not what the op chose or asked about now its basically adding a fourth for em I think tesoros r good don't get me wrong but there r some people who would rather others

OP
OP
H

hardhittinz

Greenie
Jul 27, 2013
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer ex,Fisher f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's ok I'm up for different options as well. Hmm so on the MD's with out screens I asusume I'd just have to learn the tones to know what it is in the ground rather it be coins or pull tab etc?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well screens are sort of a waste of time and slow you down ...

I disagree totally, y r they a waste of time cuz u like just the beep n dig no screen that's ur opinion. So does that mean u don't watch tv,just listen to the radio, & u must not have a screen on ur phone right cuz thatscwhat a waste of time. Just cuz u think its a waste doesn't mean everyone else has to

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or mayb its just to much at one time for u, to much information at once

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I think what keppy is trying to say is that is is ALWAYS all about the sound. The screen is kinda cool to look at and if you look too often, you're just slowing yourself down. Get a signal, dig it and move on. You'll never know what you didn't dig unless you learn what, by digging.
I hope you get past the parks and schools because that is where everyone learns how to use a metal detector. I'm sure there's new stuff being dropped but the older stuff is a lot funner to find. A little research or permission to hunt private property might be more rewarding, if it's the right spot.
I just bought a $800 detector for $400 so if you do your homework and shop wisely, I'll bet yo can get more detector than you think. Another nice thing about a little more expensive model is that they are popular and easily resold if you decide it's not for you.

eca

Greenie
Jul 4, 2013
Northampton
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im really new at MD but I got myself a Fisher F2 and have been very happy. The pointer that came with it was disappointing... I am having much better luck with the pointer I got at harbor freight. While I have found very few treasures, I have been looking in simple well searched places. A few coins, but some kinda cool items.

I hope you have as much fun with whatever you buy as I am having :-)

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im really new at MD but I got myself a Fisher F2 and have been very happy. The pointer that came with it was disappointing... I am having much better luck with the pointer I got at harbor freight. While I have found very few treasures, I have been looking in simple well searched places. A few coins, but some kinda cool items.

I hope you have as much fun with whatever you buy as I am having :-)

If you check the the MD mods section I posted a few upgrades I did to my F pointer, it helped some. There's a pot inside you can adjust to get a little more sensitivity out of it. Mine will hit on a Q from about 1 3/16 inches away, and a dime/ copper penny and about 5/8-3/4 inch away??

It's better that nothing when you're in the hole, but yes it's very disappointing. Especially compared to the Garrett or Minelab.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's ok I'm up for different options as well. Hmm so on the MD's with out screens I asusume I'd just have to learn the tones to know what it is in the ground rather it be coins or pull tab etc?

You say learn the tones but the tesoroes listed have only one tone.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You say learn the tones but the tesoroes listed have only one tone.

Is that true? What models only have one tone? I'm Being serious not a smartass or anything?!?! I didn't realize any brand STILL made single tone MDs?!?! Hello 2013?!?! I'm looking this up! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread