Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I would only use KellyCo is they were the only supplier carrying what I needed. Just Google "Kellyco complaints" and you will see why. I bought from them one time,,,slow shipment,,,I have an issue with the item today and have tried to contact them numerous times to no avail. Beware!

arkdeath

Jul 28, 2013
San Juan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Nickmathews82!

Here is my 2 cents:

As you seen, there are a lot of folks on the forums that are willing to help you choosing a detector. I'm a newbie on this hobby as well. I been reading, searching and asking a lot regarding which metal detector should I use for different terrains and lot of people has been very helpful. I will suggest you to read more about this wonderful hobby to get an idea how the metal detectors works. Terry has shared with me this link which has been very helpful. http://www.hollandsbrook.com/blog/saltwater-beach-detecting-101/

Keep searching and reading but most important, patience. You will see you will make a good decision by yourself.

Hope that helps

Alex

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would only use KellyCo is they were the only supplier carrying what I needed. Just Google "Kellyco complaints" and you will see why. I bought from them one time,,,slow shipment,,,I have an issue with the item today and have tried to contact them numerous times to no avail. Beware!

I have a love hate thing with Kellyco. The good thing about them is they usually have EVERYTHING in stock at good prices. I've had 1 bad customer service experience out of the 3 times I've called on order/return problems. I think it may be a certain individual that I had negative experience with. I've never experienced any slow shipments on things like coils and accessories.

Last edited:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have a dealer anywhere near me. I did a google search on Kellyco complaints and decided not to use them. I choose Miller MDZ who is one of our forum sponsors. His service and pricing were excellent. I would not hesitate to use any of our forum sponors. They pay for their advertising here and take really good care of their customers because they do not want negative feedback on the forum. Before you even think of ordering from Kellyco call one of the sponsors and get a price and some helpful advice.

As far as $600 detectors go, there are a lot of good machines in that price range from several manufacturers. Try to get a detector and pro pointer for your budget number. My personal choice would be a Tesoro Vaquero or Outlaw with the pin pointer. Call one of the sponsors and they can make that happen with free shipping. They may also some different/better choices in your price range.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I hear they (Kellyco) are really busy around xmas and tax time, you might be ok ordering from them this time of year. I placed an order with them in early March, I can't lie- it was a complete nightmare! But I did get a pretty good deal I think, it was a good sized order. I would be willing to buy from them again but not during their peak seasons.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, he will help you and give you the overall best deal on what your seeking

Go with your gut and buy what your gut tells you. No matter what you buy you will always wonder if you should have a different brand.

Gene@Kellyco

Dec 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have stated on this forum many times that if anyone runs into any issues with us here at Kellyco to contact me directly and I will do all I can to resolve your issues. As far as any complaints that are out there are concerned we do our best to address as soon as possible. Feel free to contact me at my direct line anytime 407-696-0001, if I don't answer right away I will get back to you as soon as possible. You can email me at the email address below if you'd like as well.

Gene Knight
Director of International and Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me on this.... Buy a minelab xterra 705... Awesome is all I can say...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread