Dumb Person Needs Help

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am brand new to this way of life and my first machine is a Bounty Hunter Camo Model!
I'm asking input from those who know! Is this a good machine to learn on and what might be
the general feeling of those that have used this brand before. I will appreciate any input ! I know
there are those out there that can help. Thanks a million for any reply!!

Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get a little frustrated from time to time when diggin' up Uncle Festers 1986 Beer can just when I think I;m on to something hot!
I know you right about practice! I will try to hold the coarse with my OL' BH and make a go of it before I lose my marbles and buy an expensive machine that is smarter than me !!!

You will learn to avoid those beer cans. First of all, remember exactly what they register as on your machine. Secondly, lift your coil off the ground about a foot, if it still registers, it's probably larger than a coin. Thirdly, some machine the pinpointer can help determine the size of an object by how long the pinpointer-meter stays pegged (usally coins a re short blip).

Good luck and Welcome to "This way of life!" :)

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years back, on a camping trip, My friends son-in-law brought his bounty hunter along. We went separate ways hunting and at the end of the day we both had lots of coins. He seemed pleased with his machine, while it cost a lot less than the GTI 2500, it seemed to bring in lots of goodies.
I had just started to learn to use my Garrett, so I spent a lot of my time fiddling with it. I was impressed with the fact that even a lesser machine in the right hands can be very capable. Which gave me the enthusiasm to really learn the GTI 2500.
I saw him at Walmart the other day and I talked with him about MDing. He is now on disability retirement and still using that same bounty hunter.
Good Luck with yours!
Roy

OP
OP
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes you do and I really enjoyed what you had to say! Thanks a million!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions