Experienced Detectorist Looking For Help

soughtseven1035

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't say I am really experienced, but I have been out a few times. I know how to do it pretty well. Not saying that it is hard in All Metal mode, but nonetheless. I just got a decent detector, The Teknetics Delta 4000. I really want to take this thing out and have a couple of spots that I can't wait to use it at. Any tips for using it right? I know there are two modes, A1 and A2. There are people saying that one mode goes deeper than others and others are saying that the other one goes deeper. My ground doesn't have a lot of minerals in it and I just want to be able to reach quarters at 9-10". I am a pretty active member over at Friendly Detecting Forum. Thanks guys.

Upvote 0

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Practice, practice practice but first read the manual then practice.
And most of all Happy Hunting,
Then practice.

EasyriderTX

Apr 4, 2013
DFW area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have Delta 4000, very seldom have I had to leave the preset settings at turn on as it has very good depth in the Texas soil where I live. If you do a google search Delta 4000 A1 a wealth of information will pop up. It seems that the A1 will get the deeper results

OP
OP
S

soughtseven1035

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard mixed reviews, but a lot think the A1 goes deeper. Thx for the tips guys. I know practice is everything...

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like said lots of practice air testing to get to know the sounds the machine makes even cross good and junk across the coil,watch youtube vids lots of info live from other users,and read the crap out of the manual until its understood fully this way ull know ur using ur tector to its full potential and u wont think ur missing stuff

OP
OP
S

soughtseven1035

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like said lots of practice air testing to get to know the sounds the machine makes even cross good and junk across the coil,watch youtube vids lots of info live from other users,and read the crap out of the manual until its understood fully this way ull know ur using ur tector to its full potential and u wont think ur missing stuff

I am bad at reading manuals, but I know for this I am definitely going to. I don't mind digging up every single beep, like others do. Give me a detector that goes deep and I will dig up everything it gives me. That's how you know you won't miss anything.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I here,on the reading to much makes me go nuts lol just read a page or 2 at a time or chapter to much will get overwhelming I know that. Now u want deep then next time u upgrade I suggest a deus xp or a v3i with a sef big coil ull get ur depth & great info on what it really is good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread