First visit to a metal detecting shop

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, just thought I'd comment about this. So I'm visiting Gettysburg Pa with the fam and thought I'd check out this shop I noticed on our last visit. It's called Gettysburg Electronics. We don't have any show rooms like this near Pittsburgh so thought i'd wander in.

It was full of wonders!!! Garrett's, Minelabs, Tesoros, Fisher's, and Whites...oh my! Talked to the 81 year old owner and the stories he could tell. I could of hung out for hours just shoot'n the breeze listening and learning. It was nice to converse with someone about the hobby as into it as I. Detectorist are a fine bunch of folk. :) Of course i had to purchase something, like going into a fishing tackle shop, its a justified purchase lol. So, i got awesome stories and and Lesche digger to replace my Garrett digger. :)

Moral: Take time to listen, learn, and hell, make a friend or two along the way

Edit: Went back to the room to take a nap and had a dream about finding 2 gold ring, one of which was returned. Hahaha

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I felt the same way when I visited Kellyco. Quite a candy store for me!

lededoop5125

Jul 11, 2013
North-East Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites- Coinmaster Pro, Garrett- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I have lots of dreams about detecting and finding the motherload... Just one day I will make those dreams come true.

Chris819

Mar 9, 2013
MD
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is where I bought my detector and my pro pointer. We talked for about 2 hours lol. He showed me how 2 use my detector and we talked about some nice things he found. He was very helpful and had a lot of good info. I try and go up there and buy a couple magazines when I can.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like an awesome place even just to Drive up to & visit walk around etc knowlege is everything,without it we'd be walkin.around in circles lol good luck everyone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread