Finally got permission!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a large area that is off limits to just about everyone because of the age of the property and that it was American native land, the Feds cordoned off miles off this area. There were two native tribes that loves along this water way and traded with the first settlers and the name where the settlers stayed was/is called Whitehaven, split the name up and you can understand why. A family who owns land smack dab on the middle of this federal preserve has given me permission to do as I please. I've already been told they have picked up artifacts for years and coins etc but they haven't the time, patience or tools to do anything. I'm hoping this is to be my personal honey hole. One of the family members is a good friend of mine and wants to get into detecting so he's getting a crash course next Wednesday. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to get here.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know the best way to get drool out of their keyboard?? :notworthy:

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An update to the "honey hole". The family member giving me permission to hunt inside of federal hands off land on his private property had rescheduled and rescheduled. His job in a funeral home is killing my chances on this hunt, no pun intended. He wants to get out there are bad as I do but these pesky ppl keep dying, seriously how rude, you would think they could wait a couple days. Seriously though Id hate to have that job with all the sadness he must witness. All the time waiting has given me a chance to look through local maps and has shown no less than 6 captain's houses along the seashore right on that private land. I think im just teasing myself the more research I do. I have been told that tomorrow should be the day we go or its on hold for at least 2 weeks more. If we go I will be posting the goodies quick.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How exciting for you,what a rare opportunity! I will be following this thread to see what you find.No place is ever hunted out if you're diligent.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bud, I'm new to this stuff so I have a newbie question. Can you get permission in the form of a letter and just go for it? Or does this landowner have to be present?

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An update to the "honey hole". The family member giving me permission to hunt inside of federal hands off land on his private property had rescheduled and rescheduled. His job in a funeral home is killing my chances on this hunt, no pun intended. He wants to get out there are bad as I do but these pesky ppl keep dying, seriously how rude, you would think they could wait a couple days. Seriously though Id hate to have that job with all the sadness he must witness. All the time waiting has given me a chance to look through local maps and has shown no less than 6 captain's houses along the seashore right on that private land. I think im just teasing myself the more research I do. I have been told that tomorrow should be the day we go or its on hold for at least 2 weeks more. If we go I will be posting the goodies quick.

Hope you get to hunt it soon. I'm interested in what you oull as well. Some of my best relic and coin has come from private land.

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang man, sounds like the perfect spot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread