Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This subject is frowned upon, a very touchy subject best not even mentioned here. Just letting you know, that others will be along to let you know how they feel. This thread will disintegrate in a few.

lededoop5125

Jul 11, 2013
North-East Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites- Coinmaster Pro, Garrett- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would not be the best idea hunting in an old cemetery ,you may find something good but it most likely illegal and you may face the cops.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi slinnils, welcome aboard the board, lol.
Imho, you do not detect graveyards. Many people will leave things on gravesites that sometimes wash over to the sides. They're just little trinkets and memorials, and it's a matter of respect, that you don't mess with the dead. I don't think I could detect even an old rundown abandoned one. That's just me, though.

Our family graveyard is besides a church, I could see doing around the church area, if they would let you, but I would probably go ballistic on someone, I seen them detecting and digging around my families plots (we have bout 50 people in one cemetery).
We paid for them plots, they weren't cheap, they're ours, stay off them! LOL!

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and how would you feel if you arrived to put some fresh flowers on your grandmother or grandfathers grave and you found somebody "digging it up"?? If there are people buried there...how does that make it UNUSED?? It is being used...AS SOMEONE'S FINAL RESTING PLACE!!

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is usually pretty easy diggin. Especially if you use the stones as markers for the best finds.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Enjoy your time with the dead

semetary.jpg

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless someone has removed all of the bodies that were buried there, there is no such thing as an unused cemetary. Very inappropriate, if not illegal to detect there.

twoauers

Jul 7, 2013
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dito here.....not a good thing. Think before you dig, not after!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do a search for cemetery you will find several past threads on the subject that will answer all your questions. These threads never end well.......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not believe that this subject keeps coming back....this is the second one in the past 2 days, and has just about run it's course. The feelings and history of these posts is here in the past threads, does it have to keep resurfacing?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not believe that this subject keeps coming back....this is the second one in the past 2 days, and has just about run it's course. The feelings and history of these posts is here in the past threads, does it have to keep resurfacing?

Usually asked by new members to site.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread