I Want A WHEATYYYY :(

SilverLust91

Jul 24, 2013
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey fellow T-Netters! As some of you may know I am quite new to the hobby still! I have this penny obsession when it rings up a zinc-dime target as I'm thinking "WHEATTYYYYY" haha. I have been fairly close to some 90% silver quarters but nada yet... I want that or a super Wheatyyyy to get my appetite really stirring! I'll keep digging guys!

Anyone else as a beginner feel the wheaty phase of really wanting to find one?!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SilverLust91

Jul 24, 2013
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my first wheatie of the year today, a 1926, and nearby I found my very first silver coin ever, a 1917 Mercury dime! It's all about hunting the old places that no one has been to....Too bad that I'm just figuring that out.....

Congratulations Serge88 :hello2: I'm still on the hunt for my first "Mother Earth Coughing Spell" wheatttyyyyy!!!

I agree with Tucson Dan on hammering that place out, with those indicators of old heritage and valuable coins they are definitely there for the taking. Luckily for me I am taking the "old, but popular in the 19'teen years" locations to heart at 21 years old :laughing7:

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two cents on "just finding a wheaty". Parking strips are great places in older parts of town. Usually someone has one torn up or its just plain dirt. (The following is not legal advice) Most places the parking strips are considered public property. My advice is to look for one that doesn't have a house right in front, maybe a store or abandoned building or something. I can almost always find a friend of a friend who has a place when I get REAL hard up for an old coin. Good luck on your hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread