Texas Heat

EasyriderTX

Apr 4, 2013
DFW area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This DFW heat sure is putting the skids on my hunting and the black dirt is like concrete. Found my first silver quarter 1964 and my first .925 ring before the heat wave came. I really enjoy this forum reading about the finds and the technical help. Hurry up and get here September.

Upvote 0

crbub

Jun 23, 2013
Panola County, Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear you. I'm about 180 miles east of you toward Shreveport in elysian fields. The heat is killing my drive to hunt. I get up about 5:30am and hunt for a little while bit it clean't take the heat long to zap me!

crbub

Jun 23, 2013
Panola County, Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear you. I'm about 180 miles east of you toward Shreveport in elysian fields. The heat is killing my drive to hunt. I get up about 5:30am and hunt for a little while but it doesn't take the heat long to zap me!

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in San Angelo, Texas and the hundred degree heat was just about to cut me out of the hunt. Then I started cutting my hunts too about 1 or 2 hours a day and finding either a large shade tree or an old bridge and really covering the shaded area real slow. As a result, I have getting better finds and the heat is not such a problem.

OP
OP
EasyriderTX

EasyriderTX

Apr 4, 2013
DFW area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The .925 ring right before the heat wave

image-2755252365.jpg

zoienluv

Jul 24, 2013
Lipan Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feelin on the heat it quite sucks to say at the least cant wait for cooler days I'm located 1 hr west from Fort Worth out temps have been in the 100s

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm down in Austin,it was 105 here today,in the shade.I try and get out around 7AM-10AM and then again around 5PM-7 PM.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to hunt year round and I discovered that when you find something worthwhile, suddenly the heat, the cold or the rain just doesn't matter...

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tyler here..... yeah... the ground is like digging through an adobe wall. Ive been going out at 3 and 4 in the morning and it is still hot.

OP
OP
EasyriderTX

EasyriderTX

Apr 4, 2013
DFW area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out yesterday as the heat simmered down after the rain, didn't find much, just a 1935 Caddy Hot Wheels, a nickel, and a few pull tabs. But it felt great to be out again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread