Tv show diggers

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all develop personality's. Bad days, I dont stop till I do find something. Good days, I just cant wait to see what comes up next. I have a friend, all he finds is gold rings, he always complains to me he cant find necklaces like I do. I just got a new pinpointer, I was digging everything. I watch other folks who post to youtube, and they have more personality than the digger shows. My understanding the new digger show is a hit. It beats wrestling lol.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If u like watching morons find planted finds then watch all these shows.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know its funny the guys who dont like the shows seem to know an awful lot about them hmm

OP
OP
shanemcn

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
The best video is on you tube , I'm still kind of new at md- ing and the videos on utube have been helpful to me so kudos to the guys who take time to do that.
I haven't seen anybody on them acting like a teenage girl at a Bieber concert.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If u like watching morons find planted finds then watch all these shows.
And if you don't, then don't watch them...simple aint it. :tongue3:

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya know its funny the guys who dont like the shows seem to know an awful lot about them hmm

Lol yeah I did give them a chance! I try not to bash them too much I just personally don't care for them. But I wouldn't tell someone who digs them "they shouldn't watch them" - to each their own, and all be happy!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still like Diggers.

KG Does irritate me, when he over reacts to some finds :laughing7:
But not enough to make me tune out.
I do know it's for cameras, & I do believe most viewers know this too.
At least I hope so
tongue3.gif

they really don't find anything special in my opinion.
& they don't seed their sites with Antiques from a local Dealer.
so it is enjoyable to watch.

The Reruns Suck though. especially the latest reruns with the irritating
Pop ups (Diggers :Juiced) warning reruns and Very irritating.
every 10 seconds there is a popping noise & a rectangiular
block pops up with some moronic comment from someone. :(
I think I lasted 5 Minutes in one & thought no Way :icon_scratch:
must be trying for the Children's Hour or Worse.

When I'm watching TV I don't want to Read, I wanna Watch & Listen.

When I want to read, I come here

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an interview about the new season and about National Geographic .Pretty much explains why they get so excited and enjoy the hunt and how physically hard it is to metal detect.

'Diggers' uncovers America's history hidden beneath the dirt | Fox News Video
Too bad the haters don't get it or have the passion that some have for this hobby. They should do it how they want, no one cares...but they sure do care if someone shows enthusiasm. They think the way they act is the only way and the RIGHT way.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad the haters don't get it or have the passion that some have for this hobby. They should do it how they want, no one cares...but they sure do care if someone shows enthusiasm. They think the way they act is the only way and the RIGHT way.

Agreed 100% truth

mntnflyr4fun

Jul 12, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Etrac with 6x8 SEF & ML 11" Pro coil, MXT PRO with D2 coil, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't be long before they introduce the "drama" of fighting between detectorists over who owns the "rights" to hunt this place or that etc etc.....they do it on every reality tv show out there and ruin the experience for those who watch until finally the ratings drop so much they drop the show...but unfortunately by that time the enviro-wackos will be fully tuned up to this new "problem" of people digging up parks and other Public land and absconding with what is "rightfully" the governments property and historical relics and will then launch a campaign to get it all outlawed..5 years later a detector in this country will require a license, professional training, a liabillity insurance coverage and a tax on anything we find that they don't want.........a tv show like this is the worst thing possible to happen to our hobby..IMHO

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It won't be long before they introduce the "drama" of fighting between detectorists over who owns the "rights" to hunt this place or that etc etc.....they do it on every reality tv show out there and ruin the experience for those who watch until finally the ratings drop so much they drop the show...but unfortunately by that time the enviro-wackos will be fully tuned up to this new "problem" of people digging up parks and other Public land and absconding with what is "rightfully" the governments property and historical relics and will then launch a campaign to get it all outlawed..5 years later a detector in this country will require a license, professional training, a liabillity insurance coverage and a tax on anything we find that they don't want.........a tv show like this is the worst thing possible to happen to our hobby..IMHO

Damn ...:icon_scratch: well I guess I have a detector for sale now! :BangHead: noooo not really...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least I still got my back up hobby...fishing...wait, fishing shows didn't ruin that hobby...detecting may not be over after all.

Greenwood Charlie

Aug 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me its just the over use of their lingo. It gets a bit much.
But other then that sure beats watching a show about cops or another hospital show!!

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I cringe at some of the holes they dig. I'd be booted off the private properties with some of the holes they dig.
Maybe they'll go do Honey Boo Boo's property in one episode.:laughing7: Get'em some Honey Nectar.

I just think they should give more tips since they introduce a lot of new people to the hobby. Digging proper plugs, take all trash with you and more basic stuff.
I'm not bashing it, as I watch it (without the pop up's).

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least I still got my back up hobby...fishing...wait, fishing shows didn't ruin that hobby...detecting may not be over after all.

Well actually they kinda did. They turned ever yahoo with a fishing pole into a expert bass fishermen. Now the lakes are more crowded then ever with guys in there 20 thousands dollar boats that creep within 5 feet of you to get into your hole. Or troll around you then troll in front of you. Just like bowhunting or hunting in general. When those show became popular everyone came shooting out of the woodwork buying up private land leases and shutting their land off. Use to be you couldn't buy camp anywhere now you have hole stores dedicated to it. We've been hunting and fishing in my family for 100 years and in 98 when them shows starting getting bigger gramps said there goes hunting, he was right.

You want a good perfect example, bowling, in the 80-90 when TV bowling got huge the lanes at the local alley went from a few leaguers to packed every night!

But I bet if the admin was to check the join stats for this site and the MD logins it would show when these shows started coming on the members shot up. It's the same as everything. Populize the item the people jump on.

Look at the kardashins and jersey shore. Now most jackass kids act and want to be a do nothing bar bimbo. Now it's vampires, now it turned into emissions, what's next? Whatever the TV says!
Have a great day sorry bout kinda jacking the thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread