method for finding new hunting spots

junkless

Nov 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having a lot of success with this method so I figured I'd pass it along. Hopefully someone will have the same luck I'm having...

I've been going on Craigslist and clicking on the header for the entire real estate section. Then in the search field I type "historic"or other terms which may be used to express age and history. Also, helps to search by owner and not dealer. Lots of old places being sold around my area which date to mid 19th century. I've been targeting the ones which look unkept or with lots of property.

Just in the last week I've got permission for 3 new places which are all pre 1880. Haven't hit any yet but hoping to get to one this weekend. Its easier to ask permission when hiding behind your computer screen and people are generally receptive. Selling respect and care for the property, which you should be practicing, helps win them over.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip!

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good idea! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
J

junkless

Nov 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm... not sure why "computer screen" linked in my post. I didn't do that and not sure where it'll lead so probably don't click it. sucks if ads are going to start attaching themselves to keywords

OP
OP
J

junkless

Nov 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
annnnnnnnnd it's no longer a link. weird

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow this is a great idea, thank you so much. I just called the first house in the list and they gave me permission. It's right by my work and has over an acre!

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
annnnnnnnnd it's no longer a link. weird

sounds like you may have the "amazing coupons" virus.. it sucks but can be dealt with

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread