Sell it or Keep it?

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
I know this will get many responses, just throwing it out there...Let's say you are looking to upgrade for example only from an ACE 250 to the AT Pro....but you want to keep your ACE 250, would you sell the jewelry you found you do it with along with the clad you have found? ..... or would you just save up for it and keep the finds for showing off, but if you sell the finds and upgrade you can brag about the great machine ya got for free and have the pics to show off........just wondering how attached some of you are out there to your finds....

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Dale, I did that very upgrade. Only used the 250 for five weeks or so and didn't have enough finds to make a difference. Just a small amount of clad. My plan for my finds is to keep them, at least long enough to be able to say my detector(s) paid for themselves. Going to take a really long time if I don't start finding some good stuff. I think if I find gold or silver I will keep it long term. I find a fair amount of silver roll hunting and keep it all.

sandy shoes

Jun 6, 2013
gloucester mass
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i keep only the things that i think i will never find again .or that i think are super cool .like i just dug a 1732 Spanish 2 reale 8 inches deep out in the woods turn out to be a copy but i think it is still a cool find lol .

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, I would keep the 250 as a backup and keep the good finds but spend everything else.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Aug 11, 2013
Wrightsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Cobra
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As president of our local club I have several detectors.
I have found sometimes land owners are more willing to let people search their property if they get to join in on the search.
Therefore I say keep it and let the landowner use if if they want.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did the same thing with a landowner. We had a great time even though we didn't find much

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
keep both, it's more fun to hunt with another person or family member. I started with the 350 back in May and always have one of my kids with me. Now that I just ordered the ATP, they can swing the 350! Win win situation!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea...I did the same....had an ACE 250 for 2 years....then got the AT PRO...but i would never get rid of it...its a good backup machine..Just incase anythign ever happen

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No right or wrong answer. Do what ever is right for you. Ive got the first gold ring I found and lots of other pieces of gold and silver that are too nice for me to let go. My wife has a nice collection that she has confiscated from me. Ive sold a lot to ARA. I cash my clad in twice a year and go out to eat on the money. Do what ever makes you happy.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep all my keys, jewelry (only found one gold earring, one silver earring, and one silver ring)
And all my collectible coins (wheats, silver, Indian heads ect)
I have the fisher F4 garret 350 and garret 150. I like the 150 more than either of the others.
Wicka

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep all my keys, jewelry (only found one gold earring, one silver earring, and one silver ring)
And all my collectible coins (wheats, silver, Indian heads ect)
I have the fisher F4 garret 350 and garret 150. I like the 150 more than either of the others.
Wicka

My son swings the 150 and I have the 350. When he finds sonething I always use mine to pin point before digging. What is it about the 150 that you like over the others? Simplicity?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread