Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II Issues

ska69

Aug 13, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have just started getting out in the field with my Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II and I have been having issues with the discrimination settings. I am hunting in an urban area and most of the vacant lots and parks have a significant amount of buried junk, as most were the site of a building that has since been bulldozed into the ground. I am not relic hunting, I’m strictly looking for Gold and Silver coins and jewelry. I normally use the All Metal/Disc. Mode with the sensitivity low to mid range and the discrimination knob cranked as high as it’ll go to eliminate junk metals. Most online tutorials show that with the detector in this configuration it will filter out non-precious metals, but my detector keeps getting strong signals off of all kinds of junk metals like cat food cans, bottle caps, and random rusted up iron bits. The Notch modes are worse and the detector just goes nuts and gets a hit everywhere. I understand that metal detecting, especially in urban environments is a painstaking process, but I’m starting to get really frustrated and discouraged. Is there a better setting combo I can try or should I just invest in a different detector?

Upvote 0

Hawk060

Tenderfoot
Aug 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Bounty Hunter Quicksilver. I have the same prob. It's discrimination for Iron is good, but still a lot of trash on all other settings. I'm super new to this MD world so it's my first and it's a fun hobby. Found some coin's here and there, nothing WoWing. But it does get frustrating and discouraging. But I'm guessing that happens to even the person that has been doing it years. The step up MD that i'm going to get next is the Garrett 350. Seem's to be a groovy just over a starter and recommended to noob's like me. My little cheep MD get me out of the house so it will do till i step up in the MD world.

rabbid-digger

Jul 1, 2013
fennville,MI
Detector(s) used
garret atpro
propointer
sampson 18" digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I had one the owner at my shop said run the left Nob at 3 and the right one at 11

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread