cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it will have any effect on how the machine operates. You want to keep it out of the way so it doesn't snag on things or flop around enough to trigger the detector. Some machines like the high end Minelabs, the cord goes up the shaft so it's a moot point with those. The cord is coiled tightly from the factory....like a phone cord. Try it all ways with yours and see if it matters.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had good results with wrapping the cord just enough that it doesn't flop. If you have slack that wiggles near the coil, you'll get a signal from that every time it happens. Also, on the coil end, make sure there's enough cord so that the connection isn't heavily stressed if the coil is folded completely forward or back.
luvsdux

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive had great results on my atpro and my v3i wrapping the cord starting about a foot above the coil seems to run a little more stable to me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread