dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an old park dating back to thw mid 1800s that's been off limits forever. Well there gettinf ready to some construction to the old pool so I email the township. They said bc of the interested parties contacting them they are gonna draw up a waive to hunt it. So I get an email and they said they are talkon about wants the people to have a million dallor persoal liability Insurance policy on me. Basically there way to say yea u can detdct but really we dnt want you too. Ugh had to event so disappointed when I got that email.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do know that a million dollar personal policy doesn't cost a million dollars right? It would only cost you the time to get a quote. I only know this because I'm a builder and you pay a small amount for this insurance . It would probably cost you about$400.00 for a year if that.

Yea inknow and I'm not payin that to metal detect either. Id rather wiat till my family reunion is there on a Sunday and detect around the pavilion area.

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That' a really great idea I will use it in the future to hunt sites. Just a plain one or with markings on it? I have a white hard hat I got from someone. Thanks for the tip. Every hunter should use it.

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my State Farm agent draw up a one page letter saying I am covered on my own insurance. Whenever anyone brings up liability I show them the letter and I have been fine since. State and local agencies make a copy and tell me to have fun.

Great idea Scrammer !

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Me Personally...I would never cut into a fence...or pick a lock to gain access...but im like a rat when it comes to detecting...if i see a way in...Im in..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions