Im keeping it, so...

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw I I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since this was my first sleigh bell and who knows if I'll ever find another one, I'm keeping it ! With that said, I gave it a good polish and tumbled it also and look how it shined up ! What a beauty !! It really has the prettiest jungle too ;) I feel very lucky to have found such a treasure and I've been doing this about 5 months. I'm SO hooked, it's not funny...

Attachments

• image-752432442.jpg
    image-752432442.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Woodswoman!! Neat Sliegh Bell!! I think it's really cool and you have dressed it up nicely!! CONGRATS!! Now all you need to do is wait for Christmas and hang it around Rudolph's neck when Santa shows up!! Perhaps SANTA'S Neck!! He He!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Thank you so much ! I know the idea is to keep it in its natural state when a relic is found but I just couldn't let it be knowing what was hidden below the surface of that sleigh bell. I had to " let it shine " :)

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
sweet bell!! A crotal bell is at the top of my wish list! congrats

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I appreciate that ! I wish you the best luck at finding one. I didn't know what I had until I researched it after I got home from my dig but now I know. Thanks !

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I found mine on a old farm probably best place to look. I've also found old horse tack.

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find ...It sure cleaned up nice.. I was at a farm site when I first started searching (1984 ) and found a bunch of these bells .they were the type on a leather strap that draped on the horse) I will post a pic of them ..there are a lot of varieties / types some are really charming..

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find ...It sure cleaned up nice.. I was at a farm site when I first started searching (1984 ) and found a bunch of these bells .they were the type on a leather strap that draped on the horse) I will post a pic of them ..there are a lot of varieties / types some are really charming..

Hey thanks ! I would love to see your collection. I researched them after I found it and learned so much more about the bells and the variety. It was quite interesting.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey! I'm a pretty good shot! I got cut down a notch in '84, though, when I joined the Wauwatosa (WI) Police Dept. I was bragging how good I was but didn't know I was talking to John Zimmerman (rip), the '73 (WI) state champion. I did take the Freshman slow fire title that year, though, with back to back 99's. so John re-took the state champion slot to keep me humble. TTC

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey! I'm a pretty good shot! I got cut down a notch in '84, though, when I joined the Wauwatosa (WI) Police Dept. I was bragging how good I was but didn't know I was talking to John Zimmerman (rip), the '73 (WI) state champion. I did take the Freshman slow fire title that year, though, with back to back 99's. so John re-took the state champion slot to keep me humble. TTC

Good job !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions