cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have too.....you've just met the "good" cops. Wait until you meet the bad ones! Usually, it the one who's just received their badge and is still on their power trip.

Oldbuttplate

Oct 18, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT. It was free. Still works good.
Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I retired 14 years ago after working 20 as a LEO. In all that time I can remember just two calls on someone metal detecting, one had a Rambo knife on and was working in a park around some kids and their moms, nothing like a mother having an anxiety attack to have the cops called. The other was out at 3:00 am in a lot next door to a house. Yes walking around like that at night will get a cop. Now the way society is you would have a swat team respond!
I often wondered way some people act like a 12 year old with their first girly mag when out metal detecting.
Remember a little common sense can go a long way.
One, if challenged by and officer, don't argue even when you know your in the right, say yes sir and go. Next find the highest elected official that you can and discuss the problem with them and have it resolve in a friendly manner.
Two, pick up as much trash as you can, Glass sharp objects and keep them with you. Your doing a public service.
Three, live it in better shape then you found it, if people see you picking up papers and trash they will not think a thing about your detecting.
Remember there are good and bad in society, a bad one in the hobby just makes us all look bad and we end up with dumb laws.
A bad cop makes his department look bad and people lose respect for other officers and in the end will most likely have a lawsuit from hell on their hands.
Use common sense when dealing with a cop, if you have a bad one on The force take to the top and let you elected officials deal with it.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread