Thinking about taking the plunge for the Garrett and Lesche

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

So after doing tons of research I've decided to take the plunge and get a Garrett pro pointer and Lesche digger. This will hurt the bank a bit but i dont want to buy something and have it break or fail down the road only to spend more time and money. I want something that works.
If anyone and i mean ANYONE has one of these or both, and would consider selling it to me please let me know. I dont expect to walk away with these two items for under $100 but would like keep my spending around that if possible. Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

panner59

Dec 2, 2012
California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$ 125 for the pro pointer is what I paid last week on ebay and the guy was from Missouri. The Lesche is a great tool and you can't go wrong with it. I just bought 2 new Garrett dual edge diggers for $33.00 with free shipping and they work great. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the pro pointer is worth $125 I'm sure. Seems like a lot of money to spend when my detector was only $200 but I'm sure it's worth it

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would buy both the Lesche and pro-pointer again if I had to. They're totally worth it.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pro pointer is a no brainer. It's a must have in my book regardless of your MD. It's one thing I'll turn around and drive home to get if I forget it.

The Lesche is much better than the Garrett digger, yes I have both. After only a few months, the rubber grip torn so it's metal in the palm. The Lesche is simply made better.

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm pretty much sold. I did go out in the front yard of my apt today and do some hunting. I used my old military knife and my delta 4000 which has a good pinpoint and recovery time. In 15 minutes i found two quarters, an old toy helicopter and a cool 1974 Mercedes Benz metal toy car made in Japan.

L3X1V0R3

Jul 20, 2013
Check out the jackson versa planter ...it's a real beast and can be had for about 15 bucks. I've been very happy with mine and its about half or less as spendy as one of the lesche and comes with a nice holster. Only complaint is that the holster is a bit snug and I hafta knock the dirt out of it once in a while.

I also checked out some vids on line and learned how to tweak my cheap cen-tech pointer and it gets about a 3" + range now. Those are harbor freight units and can be had for under $20. I'm still considering a propointer but I've had a lot of success so far and might not even bother.
Swingin a Fisher F2 in Wisconsin. HH

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pro pointer is a no brainer. It's a must have in my book regardless of your MD. It's one thing I'll turn around and drive home to get if I forget it.

The Lesche is much better than the Garrett digger, yes I have both. After only a few months, the rubber grip torn so it's metal in the palm. The Lesche is simply made better.
Does the Garrett digger cut as good as the Lesche?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought a hori hori digging tool off e-bay and am very happy with it. It's well made, sharp, and easy to use. If you hit the lottery, you might consider the UniProbe pin pointer setup. It goes through your head phones which can be an advantage when you're trying to be quiet and inconspicuous. It also has a range of several inches and is adjustable for ground conditions.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After you use them the first time....You will see how much fast you are at the "game":icon_thumright:

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The both really are must have items for any metal detecting and the pro-pointer will save you from digging big holes. Will also cut your time in finding the target so you can move on to the next target. A friend of mine just got the Garrett digger and I have the Lesche digger and I think the Lesche is way better IMHO. The Lesche is really more heavy duty and will last a lifetime if you don't lose it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I never found a digger made and sold by any detector company that would hold up or be as good as a..Lesche .. The Lesche digger is the best.....

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup I'm sold. Going to order the two from kellyco today or tomorrow. In the meantime I'll be using my military knife to dig and no pinpointer. I can just imagine the difference its going to be when i start using the pro pointer :-)

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just placed the order!!:)
The guy i spoke to at Kellyco gave me a discount but wasn't too happy with the quote i gave him. I had called them yesterday and got a quote from a guy and when i called back today a different guy didn't want to do it. However he finally did so I'm happy:)
Ya know, life shouldn't be about the extra money your going to get on commision, it should be about making the customer happy so he can enjoy a wonderful hobby. just my 2 cents

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your better off buying a new pro pointer. I wouldn't trust anyone except a reputable distributor. $127.5 from BigBoys Hobbies.net

Bart gives as good of a price or better than anyone.

Instead of spending $40 for a Lesche or something else. Go to Lowes and buy this. Just sharpen the edges a bit and you cut sod like butter and make nice neat plugs.
trowel.jpg

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I managed to get the pro pointer for a lot less than $127. The tool from Lowes or where ever probably isn't to bad, but i decided to go with the Lesche. I wanted something that will last a lifetime :-)

mntnflyr4fun

Jul 12, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Etrac with 6x8 SEF & ML 11" Pro coil, MXT PRO with D2 coil, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned several diggers before the Lesche, including the Hori Hori....nothing I owned even came close to holding up to the rigors of digging/prying in dry, hard, rocky ground....nothing....by the time I was done buying the cheaper, "works like a Lesche" stuff I had already invested in a Lesche but didn't own one....its a no brainer...same with the propointer, buy the good stuff one time and be done with it.....

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your better off buying a new pro pointer. I wouldn't trust anyone except a reputable distributor. $127.5 from BigBoys Hobbies.net

Bart gives as good of a price or better than anyone.

Instead of spending $40 for a Lesche or something else. Go to Lowes and buy this. Just sharpen the edges a bit and you cut sod like butter and make nice neat plugs.
View attachment 849881
I've bent those....no thank you

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as i said before. I ordered the good stuff. Hopefully it will be here soon :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread