Need some rain bad!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've come to a final conclusion. I'm done till it rains. All my plugs the last 2 weeks has turned brown because of dry crumbly soil. One place I hunted where I dug a ton of clad one day looks like Swiss cheese all kinds of spots. I feel so bad I went a bought some seed and went and planted and been watering every night. Figure it's the least I can do. The ground is hard in a lot of the other places I go very hard pack so some rain should loosen it up. That and my metal detector seems to get more depth in wet soil. So here's praying for some rain.

Upvote 0

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw I I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel the same way. We need rain ! And if its any consolation, I get better readings when we have had a rain and the soil is very moist. I thought it was just me until I saw other posts saying the same thing. I did however find a pond to dig around and although all the nearby soil was rock hard, the soil around the edges of the pond were as soft as silk and super easy to dig. You might try that or along a river maybe. If you have access that is. Good luck and happy hunting !

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, dry as a bone in my part of Minnesota too. I'll do dried up shorelines and tot lots till it gets wetter.

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Susan, I was in Minnesota this past week...dang it was hot! If you had the NC humidity to go with it...it would have been unbearable!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Susan, I was in Minnesota this past week...dang it was hot! If you had the NC humidity to go with it...it would have been unbearable!

Yes, it's been hot. I love it. For the last two weeks, its been in the upper 70's at 6:00 am when I start my water hunt. Monday, the temp in the morning is supposed to be 49.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Severe thunderstorm warning and it's raining sideways!!!! Woohoo!! I will be out in the morning digging away finally!

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw I I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Severe thunderstorm warning and it's raining sideways!!!! Woohoo!! I will be out in the morning digging away finally!

Oh yeah !! We got a good rain here too and all I could think is how good tomorrow will be :) Good luck !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread