Sand Volleyball Courts

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Where I l ive in the Southwest every apartment complex has one or more sand courts. Any of youse guys had any success sifting the sand in these pits ? I told one appt manager that I was searching for a friends wedding ring. She was hesitant until I offered to split my finds. I never said 50/50.I found some clad but no jewelry. I gave Miss Nosey a clad half with her birth year on it. Cheers, Jim

Upvote 0

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried at the beach, but someone must have gotten to it before me. Not one single piece of metal in 2 volleyball courts.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've Try'd many of them and never any luck. Problay because they take them every so often to get stuff like twigs and can pieces out. It would hurt taking a dive in soft sand on a huge pointy stick or rock.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never found anything at the few I have done. My best luck is on the edge of them. Usually people take off their jewelery and empty their pockets onto a jacket or something and lay them NEXT to the courts and then when they leave they spill it all over the place. Just my experience.

Confederate Sailor

Aug 9, 2013
Athens, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I normally find is sand volleyball courts is cat poop. At all the Navy bases I had been to the VB courts were the base stray cat litter boxes.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went to one a few days ago that must not have been hunted in some time (if at all) Found over 100 coins in it and an interesting challenge medal. No jewelry though which I thought was strange. Most of the public beach volley ball courts in my area get hunted daily so it's rare you find much in one. Sometimes you get lucky with a fresh dropped piece of jewelry.

digger001

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2013
miami fl.
Detector(s) used
at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i find more at them and the swings in parks than at the beach but once you hit them they take a while to replenish.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have hunted about 50 of them and the most I found was 11 cents. With detecting you never know though, the next one I could find a ring or pocket drop

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, I'm shocked at the replies here. I have three I go to probably once a month during the "in-use" months and I usually get a whole pocket full of clad. Last time out I found over a dollar on the form of about a dozen coins just from a single hole. I usually find as much on the courts as next to them. This is also small town West Virginia, not near the beach or anything......

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are hunted hard and kept pretty clean but good things are lost there, so always worth a try.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have tried a few and didn't find much. The ones near the beach tend to have a lot of pull tabs and caps.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love finding tabs.....that's where the gold rings are!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread